Sign in to follow this  
NateDev

AMD Yosemite Install Error - Essentials.pkg

AMD Yosemite Install Error - Essentials.pkg

I am trying to install Yosemite 10.10 on my AMD PC. My specs are AMD FX 6200, GeForce GT 740, ASRock 970 Pro3 R2.0, 16GB GSkill 1600MHz RAM, 3TB Seagate HDD. I use the boot flags "/amd npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v" and I get to the installer. I format a 150GB partition on my HDD to Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and I followed a tutorial to customize the install. I then click install and after 5 or so minutes I get an error saying that it failed to extract Essentials.pkg. I've tried only using 1 8GB RAM stick, and I've put them in different slots. I have also tried using brand new 8GB RAM, Adata, two 4GB sticks, and I've tried using only one of them. I also have no other drives connected other than the USB drive and my HDD. I have also tried removing my PCIe network adapter. What else can I do to fix this problem? Thanks :)

i am having the same issue, my specs are 

HP af137au laptop - 1.4 ghz, 500GB Disk and 12GB RAM

not sure what is wrong and have tried various bootflags. Installed run for 10 minnutes and then AMD Yosemite Install Error - Essentials.pkg error. 

what should i do?