Sign in to follow this  
EdHardwood

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) with iTunes and Safari, also Graphical errors in pictures

Hi there, 

I'm fairly new to the OS X scene, and brand new to the hackintosh scene, having managed to install Niresh's 10.10.1 Distro for the first time on Sunday, and have been playing about with it since. I've got a few problems that I've encountered, and have tried many different ways of fixing them, but I am still struggling, and I'd appreciate any assistance, or pointers in the right direction!

Specs:

AMD Phenon II X4 945

MSI 785G-E53

Nvidia GTX 460

2x 4GB 1333 DDR3 ram.

The first problem I encountered was iTunes crashing after I updated it to the latest version. Thinking it may have been a bug with that version (it worked on fresh install), I tried the previous two versions as well, yet I received the exact same error.

Error Log Paste Bin

1. Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
  2. Exception Codes:       EXC_I386_GPFLT

Which is the common error I receive for most app crashes, including Safari sometimes, but it's running stable now (no idea why), so I cannot produce an error log for that. I could easily re-produce a safari crash by highlighting text, and extending over the "border", and it'd crash 100% of the time.

EDIT: Managed to get Safari to crash
Link to Error Log

Another problem I've got is strange graphical artefacts on some images, and only when using default OS X apps, so an image that'd have a problem in preview/Skype, would work in VLC.

Phone photos of screen as screenshots were not working.

I also have strange text errors in Chrome, where the fonts do not display correctly, and most web pages crash.

LINK

Sadly, I could not get a better pic than that as all the web pages I tried to load would crash.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

• Reinstall OS X with /amd /amd1 /amd2 /amd64 boot flags, where I get the least issues when I used the /amd bootflag.
  • Install Nvidia Web Drivers, multiple versions
  • Arny Cutez's forum "guide" on patching OS X after install (P.S. That was before I found out about the /amd1 and /amd2 bootflags, but I have gotten the best result out of the /amd bootflag with his guide)
  • Swapping RAM in and out, trying different combos of chained and unchained etc.
  • Trying a different HDD (was not a step in my trouble shooting, but I feel it should be mentioned that it's been done)
  • Fiddled around in BIOS a bit, but had no luck
  • + a few other minor things that I can't think of off of the top of my head

Thanks so much for reading my wall-o-text, and I hope it's a simple solution where my google-fu has failed me!

Just as I gave up on fixing it myself, I managed it!

I replaced the Kernel with a different one,

Credit it to Bronya on the insanely mac forum.

If anyone else has the same issue, I fixed it by using Arny Cutez's forum "guide" on patching OS X after install, but replacing the kernel he linked with Bronya's kernel