nanerasingh

ATI Mobility radeon 4670

ATI Mobility radeon 4670,9488 device id

niresh mac os 10.8.2 works well with full qe/ci in lvds+hdmi.

niresh 10.8.5 not working lvds screen shows crashed dispalynot working.

niresh maverics 10.9,works with hdmi only with full qe/ci. i also tried & replace some kext file from 10.8.2 niresh and my ati detected in lvds & hdmi both but there is no qe/ci.

i need solution for the problem of lvds not working for maverics 10.9

.i used these kext.

http://www.osx86.net/file/997-10-8-kexts-for-dell-studio-xps-16/

please help me

i tried as per this link but cant succeed,only hdmi in 10.9

i am using my 10.8.2 niresh distro and works full with the lion kext but the issue i found that it works only with plugged power , if i unplug my power cable i get panic.

At deepak,

For maverics still not success,only hdmi works perfectly,

solution needed for LVDS.

I searched below link but cant get anything.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269163-need-help-with-ati-mobility-4670-on-xps-1645/

I used below linked kext and my lvds detected but the glitches, hdmi works perfect.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/165-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-550v46501002-9480-os-x-109-13a603-mavericks/

i think these file have problem ATY_Init.kext without changing the device id(i dont know how to edit

now i hope there is some connector issue of lvds in the file.

so if someone help me put for this solution.

please help

hey sorry for late reply i founded these kexts on net ,try this and report me

ATI.kexts.1067+1068+1070.zip

i install niresh default option,graphicsenabler only black screen no hdmi,no lvds.

i tried your kext nothing happen black screen with ge=y.

i tried install aty_init kext of 10.8,get only hdmi working.

still not get any solution

may be the aty_init kext have some problem to detect the lvds.

help me out, i can give my teamviewer to sort out this if somene can.

Sorry deepak i read your link but its too difficult to understand the issues and guide in the link.

need some other options or just put hands up.

don't worry i will do it ,,

hi deepak, please let me know if you any detail or nfo of my system to solve my ISSUE

oh sorry i forgot i was busy with my graphic card ,,tomorrow i will do something 

Thanks i will wait for you,

Its better to understand your help if i can talk to you on mobile,(please let me know your contact number or send me your contact details on my personnel email at nanerasingh@hotmail.com) please.

Hello Deepak,

please help me I am still waiting for your response.

1.For ATI 4670 GRAPHICS.

2.I HDELL VOSTRO 2420 INTEL HD 4000 + NVIDIA 620M. I CANT GET FULL QE/CI.

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE MY ISSUE

now i am able to do all things i need some info

1.OSX Ver

2.exact problem you are facing 

3.all steps you have tried 

Hi deepak

1.OS X MAVERICS 10.9(niresh).niresh 10.8.2 works well with the kext of 10.8 but have power cable issue get panic if unplugged.

2.After install with GE=Yes get black screen. then i install kext provided by in the link with ATI4600Controller.kext & ATY_Init.kext.from http://www.osx86.net/file/997-10-8-kexts-for-dell-studio-xps-16/

i only get HDMI Display working. my LVDS not working.

3.i install some other kext (ATY_Init.kext) of ATI 4650 Just getting corrupted LVDS. https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/165-ati-mobility-radeon-hd-550v46501002-9480-os-x-109-13a603-mavericks/

i think  ATY_Init.kext kext may be have some problem.

above post i cant get understand. http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/kext-editing/editing-atiamd-framebuffer-personality/

what about your laptop ????

MY LAPTOP IS STUDIO XPS 1645

Niresh mavericks 10.9, Dell studio xps 1645 i7 720QM, PM 55 Chipset,

Ati Mobility Radeon 4670 1gb(Device id 9488),6gb 1300Mhz DDR3 RAM

Atheros AR5B93,

@nanerasingh i am sharing my Experience with last OSX Ver are better to use patch or kext patching but 10.9 it's too difficult like mw i am using intelhd3000 with Vga patched all worked with full qe/ci but after i upgraded to 10.9 i lave lost all things only detection is working ,after wasting so many months i purchase this gt210 then it's working now good .

i'll suggest to get a graphics which work OOB in 10.9 and i'll also try to resolve your problem i think we need to use Team Viewer 

best regards 

Deepak

thanks deepak, i installed team viwer on my os to sort out my problem.just waiting for you.

i can unserstand OOB ut i have dell laptop and it is not possible to change the motherboard easily.becoz laptop chipset board diifficult to find.

i get full qeci in 10.8 niresh. if maverics will not work then i need to goback to 10.8 and use without any mac os update version that lacks many things.

please try to solve my issue.

OOB means Out Of the Box ,in simple word Plug and Play ,i don't know much about laptops hardware assembling ,,i am not asking you to change your chipset just only to change graphics card if it possible 

Sorry my graphics card is inbuilt in chipset,no options to change.

okk lets see i have patched some kext see they work for you or not 

add this in chameleon flags AtiConfig=Shrike

ATI4600Controller.kext.zip

ATI4600Controller.kext.zip

hi deepak , i tried these kext but nothing happened. same issue only hdmi.

@nanerasingh hey all files are corrupted plz send after you create them agian 

Hi, i just sent you the file to your gmail again (mithlesh GMAIL).

hi deepak,i tried the DSDT it it boots with the both DSDT provided by you,but still no success in LVDS laptop dispaly, i only getting the dispaly in HDMI only.

I think there is some issue in the ATY_Init.kext(from 10.8,osx86). when i removed this kext i got LVDS display but no graphics card detected only showing 3mb display.

Please help.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269163-need-help-with-ati-mobility-4670-on-xps-1645/?pid=1773077#entry1773077

ATY_Init.kext.zip

do a fresh install then add flags i have told you with 2 ports config don't install anything else 

ok deepak, i will do and get back you

Hi deepak, i reisnstall maverics, after install i just added ati config of flicker,skiff,shrike in boot plist.but nothing happened. system boots with only 3mb display.

now please guide me for next steps.

hi deepak please help

again to install 10.8 get your exact from try to apply in Mavericks

what to extract? 

kext?

install 10.8 make sure working properly without issue

then copy your extra folder ,graphics kexts for 4670

i tried this option i copy past all the ati file and install in maverics, i can boot and in system proprties it recognised my ATI4670 WITH 1024 ram,and works with both HDMI & Laptop screen,

but still there is no qe/ci. its very laggy.i am using all the the dsdt provided by you.

Now again new problem. :(

Hi nanerasingh,

I am new to Hackintosh, I  am using exactly the same config system as you are, If you send me all the kext files that you are using for your laptop, That would be really helpful

My email :sazar1985@gmail.com.

Please send all of required kexts not just the graphics.

Thanking you in advance!!!!

Hi nanerasingh/deepak,

I am a noob in this field, please help me out with a guide to insall Mavericks on my XPS 1645.

Regards.

1Secondlife

hi,

i sent you an email with the guide that i used,i hope you will understand that,

right now only is one problem of qe/ci(laggy) and need help for that.

hi,

i sent you an email with the guide that i used,i hope you will understand that,

right now only is one problem of qe/ci(laggy) and need help for that.

Thank you! will follow your instruction and will keep you posted on progress

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295947-ati-mobility-radeon4670-lvds-not-working-in-109/#entry1992640

i found this thread, may be it will works.

i will try when i get free.

try this flags start with GraphicsEnabler=y and AtiConfig=Shrike

i tried all flags of aticonfig shrike but no success, may be there is some problem of frambuffer patching for the lvds detection and may be the boot loader.issue

in niresh 10.8 and iatkos the boot loader are different then maverics(EFFI issue),

try to chimera bootloader ,,sometimes will give you hope

deepak i get confused about the clover config guide,if you can understand this link then it can help us.

Imothep77 get works its maverics.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293925-non-uefi-guide-to-installing-os-x-mavericks-with-clover/page-2

if some easy guide can helps is better

what you want to do with guide???

i am bit confused about the effi,uefi,noneffi things,then confused which distr to use, or how to install clover, somthing.if there will be some step by step guide then it will be helpfull.

check your bios is uefi or legacy ??? i was not able to check your bios on net ..

After many months finalY Maverics gets WORKING with ATI 4670.

thanks for everyone deepak and other guys, and CLOVER.

I am posting the guide work for me.

1.I install Niresh Maverics with customize with install the clover boot loader(standard) instead of chameleon from install screen and finish install.

2.Use these two kext (ATI4600Controller.kextATY_Init.kext) by kext utility. http://www.osx86.net/file/997-10-8-kexts-for-dell-studio-xps-16/

3.Third most important i copy this config.plist (attached) to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. New editied config file attached.

4.i also use the kext of ApplePS2Controller.kext &Trackpad.prefPane avoid any mouse n keyboard issue.

restart boot and enjoy.

working

LVDS - ATI Mobility 4670 Working
HDMI Working (Audio over HDMI does not work)
Keyboard + Mouse Working, two finger multi touch only
Speakers, Headphones, Built in Mic Working
Ethernet Working
Camera Working
Power Management Ok i think

config.zip

Clover not showing my windows drive to boot it. I tried to repair it by windows disc repair.i need sution for dual boot.i dont have windows system reserve becoz i install windows boot loader on windows installation drive. Is there any solution for dual boot it again without reinstalling windows. It only can recognized when i boot with niresh usb

i get it working after sylthrin post utility clover reinstall and it fixes with replace the config.plist file on above link.

Now almost everything is working.

Is it possible to get sound on HDMI.

hooray.gif@nanerasingh really a Good news  for me  you got solution  :)  :)  :)  now enjoy Happy Hackintosh 

i updated to 10.9.2 without any problems.

Need solution

1.Battery % not working. tried voodoo battery but not luck.

2.Audio over HDMI.

have you tried ACPIbattery.kext ???

for HDMI Audio codec ??

i tried ACPi battery ,no success

I have IDT high definition And one more High definition Audio device(ATI HDMI).

Clover configurator not working.tried some changes in config.plist but nothing happen.

idk about HDMI bcoz i haven't experience with HDMI ,,but i know you need patched AppleHDA.kext ,,first of all patch your kext using Slytherin ...

Hello, I have the STUDIO XPS 1640 with Mobility Radeon 4670, but the only difference is that my display is 15,6 and resolution 1600x900. I have been trying to hackintosh this machine for 3 years know, and today I got as far that everything works perfect except LVDS.With clover and auto-inject method I get 4 scrambled desktops instead of 1 like in the picture below.I tried even with framebuffer=Flicker or Gliff, but no success.I have seen people report the same configuration works, but I think those are the people that have the 16" FullHD screen, mine maybe needs something else changed in the config.plist or a specially modified kext.If you habe any idea Deepak, please help me.Take a look at this screenshot below.

Just to mention that HDMI and D-SUB on external monitor work perfectly and displays corect resolution, the only issue here is LVDS.

try FB=Shrike and inject your Resolution in config.plist using Clover Configurator..

No success, same issue, even though if I enter FB=shrike and inject custom EDID info extracted from windows an set InjectATI LoadVBios and PatchVBIOS to true, I get only 1 screen rendered, not 4, but still scrambled.I don't know if nanerasingh responds to pm's but if you can ask her to answer to the pm that I sent her I will be gratefull.Maybe he got to the bottom of this, having the same model of laptop as I do.thanks.

i sent to u pm.please check if those files works for u.

have you install the two kext that i mentioned in the above some posts.ati)init and ati4600 kext.(necessary files to work this card)

Please provide your graphics card details. may be the kext you are using not working.

Try diffrent SMBIOS also helps.(8.3 or 11.2)

Sorry to repport that it is now working.I 100% certain it is because of the kext AMD4600Controller.kext . Without it I get correct 1600x900 resolution but no QE/CI. With the kext I get QE/CI but with that scrambled LVDS with 4 screen like I posted above.I do not have the necessary experience to edit the kext or patch the shrike framebuffer.If someone can help, please. Thanks

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/269163-need-help-with-ati-mobility-4670-on-xps-1645/

please checnk thi slink and try to use the diffrent kext in the post. with clover.

Thanks a lot, I'll try tonight and get back with an answer.

i need solution for my HDMI Sound,thats not working.

@nanerasingh try VoodooHDA 2.8.5 i have found lot's of people having HDMI working and report me ..

Anyone knows why I get displaced pixels ? The 4 screen issue has been solved by setting DualLink to  0 bu the image is still odd.QE/CI WORKS

Take a look:

poz%25C4%2583+%25281%2529.JPG

i installed yosemite on my xps 1645. but there is no grphics working. i have instlled my maverice working graphics kext but no success.

Pleasse suuggest if i am making any mistkae or forget something to work my graphics,yosemite detect my graphics as ATI4650 7Mb.

in verbose mode its showing ati id 9488 qutiing. whats its meaning.

guide please?

I am from Greece and i need your help on mavericks 10.9

I installed your kexts for ati 4650m for 10.9 and i get scrambled screen..........in mountain lion 10.8.5 i fixed this problem with switchresx..........but now i can't get 1600x900 resolution without stripes on mavericks............so i need your help......thanks in advance!!!!

My laptop is hp dv7 2030ev

17.3 inches screen

hi,

Well i have graphics card of ati 4670 but i think it looks similar to 4650.

for me the maveric works with clover bootloader with adding a ati fb name shrike in the config.plist of clover. thats it.you can see above old my reply to working the ati4670. chameloeon boot loader only detect my hdmi lcd, do dont waste on chameleon.

check diffrent setting in clover config. i hope that will work for you.

today i installed IDT Audio kext from some website and it looks my HDMI get sound but the inbuilt speaker setting gone.

I have installed yosemite but no ati kext loading.due to that garphics kext not working for qe/ci.

waiting for someone help.

Finaly Yosemite working for my laptop.

Used macpwn yosemite 1.2 version to make installer usb=>

1.Customise selection i untick the garphics option. 

2.Use my clover config plist to add ati fb name shrike and it works OOB. Hurray

post-44-0-67591400-1410597936_thumb.jpg

Not working

1.Keyboard have hang problem if use caps lock on/off

2.battery % nt workiong, tried diffrent kext etc.

3.Audio issue, sound only can come in laptop if use voodoohda or sound work in HDMI if use apple hda kext. sound not working together for both hdmi & laptop speaker.

HDMI SOUND IS ATI HD, and laptop is IDT sound.

Hi all Yoemeite working good qe/ci. Also updated to 10.1.1 from appstore and boots without any issue with clover bootloader.

Two issues still not yet solved

Caps lock get freeze and will take 1 minutes to get working

HDMI Audio kext.

use voodoohda 2.8.7 which is good for yosemite 

Hi. I am using voodoohda 2.8.7 but no luck. Audio over hdmi only work with native kext.but no sound in internal auido. Once at one time.

Caps lock also noy working properly get freeze.

Please suggest

Install Yosemite default customize With clover bootloader.

No need to install any graphics kext after install.

just replace the clover config plist file with the attached file to get qe/ci working.

Clover Config studio xps 1645.zip

Hello Everyone,

Credits-Niresh for Yosemite

Credits-Nanerasingh for his support without whom i was wandering in a no mans land :P

All the required files are in the below link

Hackintosh Yosemite

This is how i have successfully installed the Yosemite on Dell XPS 1645 running Ati HD 4670Mobility.

Step1:Format the HDD with GUID partiion scheme with Apple File System(Mac OS Journaled).

Step2: Install the Yosemite.DMG to pendrive using Transmac.

Step3 : Install the Yosemite with customization-Without BootLoader(Unchecked Chameleon which is by default Selected).

Step4 : Prepare a Clover USB bootloader using BDUtility(Boot Disk Utility) on a windows machine

Changes to be done to Clover USB created using Boot Disk Utility are here below.

Navigate to EFI/CLOVER and changed the config.plist to the one attached below(Credits nanerasingh).

Navigate to  /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/re VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi(download from the below link)

https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/blob/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi?raw=true

Step5: Boot from the CloverUSB now(It might take sometime to load but once loaded you will see the full HD with qe/ci)

Step6 : Complete the account creation and let the system install the updates/drivers from Hackintosh zone.

Step 7: Download the latest version of clover and install

Select install boot0af in MBR(Second option in bootloader section)

Select install clover efi-Select the one which says 64bit(its default selected if not then it could be the second one in the list)

Makesure the install location is the OS partition where Yosemite is installed

Step 8: Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext (Find it in System/Library/Extension)

Step 9: Copy the contents of EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI(Clover USB) to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI(Harddrive)

Step 10: Reboot and Enjoy

@nanerasingh i am not having any problem with Capslock freeze, You may try this

Disclaimer : I am no expert of this topic, This is all the guidance that i recieved from nanerasingh. and I am not responsible for any damage to data or the machine.

Thanks once again @nanerasingh :)

Thanks and Regards,

1 Second Life

Clover Config studio xps 1645.zip

Yosemite working with qe/ci.

Capslock get working

some non working issue still

1.Sound working with only voodoohda by internal speaker.

2.no sound thru HDMI.

3.no mic detection.

4.Battery% not working with 10.10.1(i think in 10.10 it was working)

i got some link of lion applehda kext with HDAIDT KEXT , i think these kext wil not work with yosemite. an dneed patching.

if somone can help me to patch these kext. http://www.hackintoshosx.com/file/1625-idt-92hd73c1/

i think all working exept battery %. and hope will work soon.

AppleHDA patch provided credit to Deepak.who help me to working my hackintosh.

Install vanilla OS X 10.1, By macpwan, and most of things works oob,battery% working For further hack need solution 1.Imessage not worked in vanilla but was workeing in niresh yosemite distro. 2.No hardware plugin support and shows any cpu,temp,speed, tried many plugins,

Dear if anyone required Studio xps 1645 kext please email me at nanerasingh@hotmail.com, maybe some upload links not working.

anyway again uploading file in this post,

In any clover config file just add below lines(''shrike''), I attached some kext that was working for me in Yosemite 10.10.1 version.

</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>shrike</string>

CLOVER.zip

YOSEMITE 10.10.1 1645 KEXT.zip

3271-DellBluetoothHCI.1.2.zip

IDT92HD73C1-AIO 10.10.2.zip

Patched AppleHDA.zip

DSDT FOR XPS.zip