Sign in to follow this  
Razor1898

No HPET's available

deepakpanghal

Hello Bro i am using Dell inspiron N5010 And i am getting No HPET's is there But when i boot with PCIRootUID=1 -x

But now it got hang tell me for next step

Deepak

make sure you have Nullcpu powermanage.kext installed or Backup all Graphics extensions 

SGoresht

Same problem on my end on Gateway p7905u FX.  When I try PCIRootUID=1 -x, I simply get a blank screen (nothing displaying at all).  When I first tried this, I got a loading bar of some kind, followed by the blank screen.

In my BIOS, there is no option available to set HPETs to 64-bit or any HPET options at all

In my case, I just installed default niresh to test it.  My machine will boot fine using the USB bootloader, but after about 2 minutes I get the HPET error.

In addition, I am unable to boot to safe mode using the -s flag.  I am able to, of course, run Terminal from the installer, so I'll try removing the power management kext from that.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

SGoresht

Tried removing the null cpu power management.  Still the same kernel panic after 2 minutes.

Suggestions, anyone?

xhuman

Most likely in the installer you used AppleHPET.kext was removed from /System/Library/Extensions since it can potentially cause a kernel panic on some systems. 

If you used the Niresh ISO/DMG then you'll find the removed kext in /Backup/Kexts.

Copy it back to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHPET.kext and rebuild the caches:

touch /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-caches

or use Kext Wizard to install the kext.