cannot get app store to work - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone
kenb

cannot get app store to work

Virtualbox VM on AMD

I have been able to get a VM going using the Yosemite 10.10.1 .iso file.  Have been successful installing with /amd1 and /amd2 bootflags. Have tried with npci=0x2000 and 0x3000, but not sure that they are having an effect for my machine.  My computer is:

HP desktop with:

- AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor - 2.80 GHz. with 6GB RAM.

- NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Display Adapter

- Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

The VM is set up with 3GB RAM, a 20GB virtual drive, and 128 MB graphics memory.

During the setup of the machine I get a message box asking if I want to fix the app store – and warning that doing this cannot be undone.  I have clicked to skip the fix, and I have clicked to do the fix.  Either way the VM stops working before anything gets fixed.  Any suggestions about what to do when that messagebox appears.  (If I click to run the fix I get an instruction to delete any network interfaces and reboot, and then presumably reinstall – but if I delete the network interface I can never get the reboot to work (VM gets stuck).

Oher problems too – but will save them for a later message.

Try making the VM on vmware workstation, it works fine for me

Aleks1 - Thanks for replying.  My reason for doing this is that I can't afford a Mac at this time.  VMware Workstation seems to be a pretty pricey program - and for just a few more dollars i cn probably get a used mini-mac.  It sounds like you are aware of something i am not - perhaps a free or very inexpensive version of VMWare Workstation???  I tried using a free (for non-commercial use) version of VMWare Player - but it did not work for me with Yosemite on an AMD processor. Please let me know if there is something here i am misunderstanding.  Ken