Koranny

The Problem Has been solved/Found out about (AMD A6,A7,A8,A9,A10 APU)

Yes I've done the research and everything came together and You wont be able to install any Mac OS X to your PC if you have a AMD APU because the APU is a CPU/Graphics Joined together and Mac dont support it so its up to someone like Niresh to make it it would be nice if he could but to everyone that has a problem and get that kernel panic even when you use "-v -x USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f) And it still doesn't work...... It was a waste of your time because that wasn't the problem it was you Processor ! Hopefully we see a difference int he future about this problem for laptops !

Update: 1/14/2014 for some people it will work IE desktops have the Chance !

Staff DO NOT Unpin or Delete this thread, This is for people who have this Processor and to stop them from wasting there time trying/posting a thread about it !

• Like 3

Try booting with 

amd -v oramd -v GraphicsEnabler=No

Bronya 10.9 beta rc4 fix kernel will solve ur prob

Link? 

Delete more of my posts

Delete more of my posts

Post are being deleted cause people will post there problems in this thread, this isn't for support this is information for people with this issue

Im not home atm. I'll give u full guide and link

I will make the post on insanelymac.com/forums As soon as ill come home

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-238

post :4743   have attachment...   download and unzip, rename it to  "amd"  and paste it to the root directory of  Niresh's Maverick destro. Boot it from destro and use  just "-v" "amd" without quotes, after it load files it will freeze for few mins depends of ur  system. then it will continue with installation.

After installation it will reboot use flags  "-v" ("GraphicsEnabler=No" if u using more than 1 displays) without quotes (u can use also ur APU GPU  XD)  make  fast  login to prevent freeze of system (its happens if u are not log in fast).  

Im currently posting it from a working Hackintosh  on  APU  A8 3870k over clocked @3,4GHz with 8GB Ram but i have  issues with Graphics  :/ will solve it later.

P.S. i installed em today. for APU always trust only Bronya's(Bronzovka's)  kernels don't afraid to ask him in pm a help(insanelymac.com/forums) he always  can give a link to he's latest  kernels.

• Like 1

also sound glitches too, but u always can find  kexts for ur system  at  http://olarila.com/kexts/

all Credits  too Bronya aka Bronzovka @ insanelymac.com/forums  for he's perfect  kernels

also sound glitches too, but u always can find  kexts for ur system  at  http://olarila.com/kexts/

all Credits  too Bronya aka Bronzovka @ insanelymac.com/forums  for he's perfect  kernels

Im gonna try it now, I ll report back the after results

after post installation reboot... make an account very fast cause it freezes some time and u need to reboot...

always  GraphicsEnabler=No they will work anyway  perfect except  APUs GPU which will glitch and  find only 5mb vram

after post installation reboot... make an account very fast cause it freezes some time and u need to reboot...

always  GraphicsEnabler=No they will work anyway  perfect except  APUs GPU which will glitch and  find only 5mb vram

Yup Got the same thing I did what it said on that post and i tried "amd -v" amd -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No" And non work picture below

[spoiler]Posted Image[/spoiler]

Did u renamed  Bronya's mach_kernel to amd  and replaced the distro's amd kernel with the new one renamed from bronya?

btw graphicsenabler=no  after u install it not before

it is Mavericks 10,9 from Niresh ?

Yup i did that all do you have skype? you don't need a mic i can show you on video

latvian88
Sent Yesterday, 10:37 AM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• [*]
Posted Image [*]Members [*]Posted Image [*]5 posts

Hi.

I'm too lazy to give you links, but i can describe how and what i installed.

• [*]USB installation made with myHack (Pandora app works just as good) [*]download and copy
##### app to the USB [*]copy a working kernel(s) to USB (for me the Bronya_RC4_fix and BSA_kernel v8 & v9 have worked) [*]now start installation from USB (needed flags are "npci=0x2000" and the name of the kernel if it's not named "mach_kernel" - for example "bsa_kernel") [*]format hard drive and continue with the installer; in the end myHack will ask a few questions (since i don't remember them you should probably check the guide on myHack website) [*]when the installer finishes it will give you a timer 10 seconds to restart - before you restart you should open a terminal and manually copy the working kernel to your freshly installed OSX (for me myHack always installed a non working kernel)
  • [*]now close terminal, let the installer properly reboot and when booting up your new Mavericks use the proper flags - "<kernel_name> npci=0x2000 -v" [*]if everything booted up properly - good; if not then try using a different kernel and if that doesn't help then look up your problem on the internet [*]open
##### app - install network and sound (if the ALC* one doesn't work, then install VooDooHDA) drivers [*]if your video card works out of the box - great, if not then you'll need to download the right kext (you should find the right one on this websites Download section) [*]since i'm using the latest HWSensors i have also updated FakeSMC and *Sensors kexts - all from the official HWsensors website [*]i'm using the latest BSA kernel (version9) and that came with some additional kexts - so install them also

That's about it.. if something fails - try booting with "-x" and then try to fix the problem.

btw, if you want video acceleration (QE/QI) you'll need a seperate GPU because no one has video drivers for APU.

cp /Volume/myHack/<your kernel> /Volume/OSX/<new_kernel>

This is fantastic! I have the ASrock FM2A55M-DGS V2.0 motherboard and was getting the kernal panic every time I tried to load into OSX. I am using a dedicated video card now and am able to work just fine but its nice to know that the problem was addressed! Great work guys. 

• Like 1

Yes I've done the research and everything came together and You wont be able to install any Mac OS X to your PC if you have a AMD APU because the APU is a CPU/Graphics Joined together and Mac dont support it so its up to someone like Niresh to make it it would be nice if he could but to everyone that has a problem and get that kernel panic even when you use "-v -x USBBusFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No -f) And it still doesn't work...... It was a waste of your time because that wasn't the problem it was you Processor ! Hopefully we see a difference int he future about this problem for laptops !

Staff DO NOT Unpin or Delete this thread, This is for people who have this Processor and to stop them from wasting there time trying/posting a thread about it !

Hey thanks for showing us so we dont have to do all the work for nothing. Even tho I did anyways :P anyways I was wondering sense this does not work what other working option are there to get MAC OS on our AMD A8 proccesor? If any? I tried everything from Virtual Machines to multiple Distro please lmk what worked for you thanks

Hey thanks for showing us so we dont have to do all the work for nothing. Even tho I did anyways :P anyways I was wondering sense this does not work what other working option are there to get MAC OS on our AMD A8 proccesor? If any? I tried everything from Virtual Machines to multiple Distro please lmk what worked for you thanks

Virtual Machine seems not to work for me either idk why... Maybe cause they don't support EFI idk its up to niresh

Hi , i´m newbie , i have the niresh ´s  but i don´t know how to open the .dmg to put the bronya kernel , i´m desesperate , can you help me please?? without the kernel from bronya i type the flag amd64 -v and the screen goes to black , is that normal?

Virtual Machine seems not to work for me either idk why... Maybe cause they don't support EFI idk its up to niresh

so nothing works for a8? even snow lepord

Im gonna try it now, I ll report back the after results

Hello,

I was wondering how I can edit the iso file so that I can put Bronya's new kernel in.

Thanks.

Thinking of getting and AMD FX processor. Is it compatible? Or will I have issues like the APU? 

This was a comment on my page

@Koranny 

I'm runing OS X Mavericks on a AMD A10 APU and a HD7770 graphics card... Thanks

This was a comment on my page

@Koranny 

I'm runing OS X Mavericks on a AMD A10 APU and a HD7770 graphics card... Thanks

Yeah, He's on a Desk Laptops are having a problem not just me other people too people mostly say they have it working are using desktops

Just Completed AMD FX-6350 with Mavericks

OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner:          Jim

System Type:               x64-based PC
Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                           [01]: AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~3900 Mhz
BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2201, 12/10/2013

All went well on the install, works great

post-9260-0-61525000-1392440023_thumb.jppost-9260-0-52156900-1392440194_thumb.jp

Wifi : Wlan_11n_USB_MacOS10.8_Driver_UI_2.0.1

post-9260-0-13237800-1392441369_thumb.jp

Edited by nighthawk209

nonsens im running a amd a8 with the mavericks distro without any problems.

Just use ;  amd   /to get in the installer

no changes made to the installation

then to boot in used: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=yes

tada

nonsens im running a amd a8 with the mavericks distro without any problems.

Just use ;  amd   /to get in the installer

no changes made to the installation

then to boot in used: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=yes

tada

Are you on a laptop or desktop? model/specs please!

Guest InfamousSynergy

I assume if you have a seperate graphics card that will work?

i have AMD A8-3800/ HD 6550D video inside, 8Gb ddr3 1600Mhz, Nvidia GTX285/GT200b/ 1024Mb memory, F1A75-M motherboard. 

ill try instal some hack-s but not work. half work only 10.5.7, not work Finder, Application.

Guest InfamousSynergy

I got an A10 in a desktop, all I did was amd -v and it worked smoth as you could imagine

This is fantastic! I have the ASrock FM2A55M-DGS V2.0 motherboard and was getting the kernal panic every time I tried to load into OSX. I am using a dedicated video card now and am able to work just fine but its nice to know that the problem was addressed! Great work guys. 

hi , i have same mainboard and same problem if i instal dedicated video card like hd 5450 or g 210 is it ok? after instalation it stuck on apple logo :(

• Like 1

I HAVE BREAKING NEWS FOR LAPTOP USERS!!

I have managed to get Niresh 10.9 working on an AMD Laptop.  Its a AMD A10 5750m with a discrete 8670M.  Using any and almost all flags would get to the installer, but fail at the part when it comes time to setup a partition.  I have it installed and doing file permissions **RIGHT NOW**  I'm literally afraid to touch it.

I used:

amd64 -v -f cpus=1

I had forgot this flag existed and then thought about how glitchy the graphics were.  When I used the flag using some other kernel, I saw the `cpus=1` flag and decided "What else wouldn't work".  The boot came up and the graphics were not glitchy or anything, came time to install and it failed due to corrupt USB maker, so i reverted BACK to the original Niresh 10.9 disc I burnt and used those flags to complete the install.

Also, after install, I must boot with cpus=1

Maybe this can help someone who is working on the kernel for AMDs users.  I don't understand what is causing the problem and why mutlithreading must be disable??...

Happy Hackintoshing.

hi , i have same mainboard and same problem if i instal dedicated video card like hd 5450 or g 210 is it ok? after instalation it stuck on apple logo :(

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I was able to get it to work using AMD -V then at the FIRST STARTUP doing -AMD -V -X, once the user account is created I restarted the machine.

I didn't have a radeon card in there so I am not sure if the procedure is the same, as far as configuring the niresh ISO with the kernels that they are mentioning I dunno, information around the procedure to something like that is kinda non existent :( 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-238

post :4743   have attachment...   download and unzip, rename it to  "amd"  and paste it to the root directory of  Niresh's Maverick destro. Boot it from destro and use  just "-v" "amd" without quotes, after it load files it will freeze for few mins depends of ur  system. then it will continue with installation.

After installation it will reboot use flags  "-v" ("GraphicsEnabler=No" if u using more than 1 displays) without quotes (u can use also ur APU GPU  XD)  make  fast  login to prevent freeze of system (its happens if u are not log in fast).  

Im currently posting it from a working Hackintosh  on  APU  A8 3870k over clocked @3,4GHz with 8GB Ram but i have  issues with Graphics  :/ will solve it later.

P.S. i installed em today. for APU always trust only Bronya's(Bronzovka's)  kernels don't afraid to ask him in pm a help(insanelymac.com/forums) he always  can give a link to he's latest  kernels.

It's been a long time i'm trying to install Mac OS in the non-Mac Machine and ysdy some how i succedded installing it on my HP G4 1020tx with Niresh OS X Mav 10.9. I did follwed the same procedure on my Desktop Machine (ASUS F1A75-V PRO + A8-3850 + 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance) it didn't work.

What Steps where Done:

1. Used the same Niresh OS X Mav Stick (Which i used to install Niresh OS X Mav on my HP Lap with the flag hp -v).

2. Flag used in desktop was amd, amd 64, amd -v by trying out all these it ended up with Panic Error/SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode/System Uptime in nanoseconds.

3. Reading your message today I'm planning to try it out but question is after i download the zip (mach10.9betarc4fix) from the link which you provided after i replace the name to amd how do i paste it to the root directory of Niresh's Maverick destro? Not too familure in knowing this please don't mind if it's stupid question. I burnt the Niresh OS X Mav *.img file to the flash drive using Win32 Disk Imager. So please advice during which phase i need to replace it in the root directory?

Do i need to extract the *.img file and add the kernal to the extracted folder and then burn it to flash drive as a bootable image file or after burning the *.img file to the flash drive and then i place the kernal file in the root directory inside the flash drive by just copy pasting it? If i copy paste it after i burn the image file to the flash drive then in that case the bootable usb will be still bootable?

4. After all these done which flag i need to enter? By googling through the website of niresh i go these list below to try it out so please confirm in my desktop machine with this spec what flag as to been entered:

amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No

/amd_kernel arch=x86_64

-v amd

amd -v or amd -v GraphicsEnabler=No

amd (to boot in used: PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=yes)

amd -v

AMD -V -X

5. Also while reading the post above "After installation it will reboot use flags" how do i enter a flag when i'm at the boot screen, where i see an icon for the hard drive where i installed Mavericks and i have to Select it and press. Do i need to press any key combination in the kybd?

Please Advice and Anyone Can Advice.

i was trying to install 10.9 and after instalation success i face the logon problem

after this topic i wanna have another try but i face another problem i cant boot :(

the same image and same USB flash driver

using flag : AMD -v

my pc :

MB: asus m4a785td-v evo

processor: amd phenom 2 x2 550

vga : ati hd4350

ram: 6gb

DSC_0655.jpg
free upload pictures

I HAVE BREAKING NEWS FOR LAPTOP USERS!!

I have managed to get Niresh 10.9 working on an AMD Laptop.  Its a AMD A10 5750m with a discrete 8670M.  Using any and almost all flags would get to the installer, but fail at the part when it comes time to setup a partition.  I have it installed and doing file permissions **RIGHT NOW**  I'm literally afraid to touch it.

I used:

amd64 -v -f cpus=1

I had forgot this flag existed and then thought about how glitchy the graphics were.  When I used the flag using some other kernel, I saw the `cpus=1` flag and decided "What else wouldn't work".  The boot came up and the graphics were not glitchy or anything, came time to install and it failed due to corrupt USB maker, so i reverted BACK to the original Niresh 10.9 disc I burnt and used those flags to complete the install.

Also, after install, I must boot with cpus=1

Maybe this can help someone who is working on the kernel for AMDs users.  I don't understand what is causing the problem and why mutlithreading must be disable??...

Happy Hackintoshing.

Hey there, If you see the comment which i mentioned in line #39 I'm still unable to install in on my Desktop. Can i try the flag which you mentioned?

These are my Output's while trying out the flag:

amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No -> Goes to Blank Screen
-v amd ->Just Reboots
amd -v or amd -v GraphicsEnabler=No  -> SMC MMIO Error
amd -v npci=0x2000  -> Panic

amd -v -x npci=0x2000  -> SMC MMIO Error

-v npci=0x3000  -> SMC MMIO Error

-v -x npci=0x3000  ->SMC MMIO Error

I get [AGP Controller] unknownPlatform whenever I boot with amd -v or amd -v GraphicsEnabler=No 

Its on an AMD A4-5300 with a Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 (rev. 1.0)

10.9 works without additional flags on my A10-5800k, but without acceleration, still searching for a kext that makes it work.

I'm not using a seperate graphics card.

I recommend to try out clover, I could only get into safemode before I used it(as far as I remember, tested around a lot...)

I have a dv6-6190br with amd radeon hd 6750 1Gb.

I've a maverick 10.9 on AMD A8

I have two questions. The first is "what's the best bootloader I have to use in my case?" and "there is a kext for this dedicate graphics?

My installation of maverick 10.9 gone really smooth but got stuck at installing time remaining 1min....

i tried 'amd -v' 'amd -x' tag but of no use :(  :(

M fed up with this screen what to do now some1 please help me

post-67536-0-61914000-1406559007_thumb.p

On my Lenovo Z585 laptop AMD A10-4600M, I can run Mavericks 10.9.4 using Bronyas latest kernel at the time of this post(check for newer posts from him to make sure) https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/?p=2052622

In my case in order for it to run I need to use the following boot commands. cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I couldn't get my built in ethernet to work with available kexts for some reason but luckily I had a USB Ethernet adapter that works fine. Granted I currently can't make full use of my graphics so really the purpose of my hackintosh is to use it for development.

The command cpus=1 is a definite must try if the installer simply causes a reboot, which is what happened to me on both Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

So by saying not to bother trying because it will not work is inaccurate.

That's a negative. It definately isn't about the processor, and every combination has a chance.

My laptop:

HP Pavilion G7 with 8gb RAM

AMD A10 4600M APU

Radeon HD7600M&7660G combo

SATA (by AMD)

USB3.0 (By AMD)

Ralink RT3290 wifi + RealTek PCIe ethernet

Shitloads of electronics with AMD label on it...

No custom (=non-Niresh) kernels, no extra mods etc etc. Was fighting for AGES to get it installed, but it is doable.

You just *really* really REALLY need to test allmost every frigging kernel + options combination.

As weird as it sounds,my 64bit rig sucked Mavericks inside it with no problems useing the basic amd kernel (*not* the amd64),

and only "verbose - safe mode - ignore basic/kernel kexts" - flags.

Here's what I did to get it up; a small guide for those having same/similar enough laptop:

Create target partition first. It doesn't matter what it is (I used EaseUS partition manager in windows 8 x64

to resize my hdd that's in gpt, and made a 25GB VFAT32 partition),

set UEFI(bios) to LBS mode (Legacy Bios Support, found under boot options. disable also secureboot), create USB just like the

guide says (win32diskimager + Mavericks usb file), reboot with usb, and test the following as flags:

amd -v -x -f

as said, against the guide, I DID NOT USE USBBUGFIX OPTION, OR hp AS KERNEL. Only those above.

It hangs the boot at some point for a minute, but still installed Mavericks correctly (follow the guide...)

After that (REBOOT brings you to windows) I used BootDiskUtility (By CVad) (in win8) to create UEFI bootdisk with Clover bootloader,

changed LBS off from UEFI, booted with USB (after powering up, strike esc -> F9 -> UEFI USB disk),

selected Mavericks, and booted the bad boy.

My machine failed booting during install every frigging time I used USBBugFix=Yes, cpus=1 or other kernels...

STAFF:  Could you rename the topic / comment/edit the first post to be a bit more accurate; Reading the first post *allmost* made me stop trying...

Can someone please tell me how to put bronyas kernel in niresh's installation file? I've tried a lot of things.

Can someone please tell me how to put bronyas kernel in niresh's installation file? I've tried a lot of things.

use Transmac to restore it on USB Stick Drive  equal or bigger than 8GB, with same program Delete  kernel named "AMD"  then rename Bronyas Kernek to "AMD"

boot with flags i wrote somwhere in start of this Topic

Flags: amd
After u complete instalation and reboot ur pc take off ur HDD and using transmac replace kernel with rc4 beta on that hdd using another pc/laptop

fresh installed , all 100%  except  Sound and  ati 6550dpost-8690-0-42482900-1414690642_thumb.jp

So guys i have a working cheap a10 5800k build that i use for music production in Logic Pro X.

These are the specs:

Mbo: gigabyte ga-fm2a88xm-ds2

CPU: AMD A10 5800k @ 4.2ghz

Ram: 8gb GSkill Ares @1866mh1866mhz 2x4gb kit

Gpu: Nvidia gt610 1gb ddr3 64bit

The price of the build was 210$

Everything is working fine and i didn't even have to use any bootflags, just the usual amd bootflag for the install, but other than that it was as easy as installing windows. 

I used niresh Mavericks 10.9 for the install and the only problem was the integrated graphics so i bought the gt 610 for 20$ from a friend and it is fully supported so just wanted to share this with you guys as i read alot about hackintoshes and see people having trouble with apus gpu, just buy a cheap one guys. 

I built this hack for Logic Pro, being a long time Fl Studio user something about logic made me want it so bad that i just had to do it :D 

Forgot to mention the sound problem that I fixed with VodooHDA 2.8.5 I think. I'm open to questions so ask away.

Cheers, WICKD.

Well i got my hackintosh laptop with a AMD A10 APU fully working exept for the graphics card i got sound internet wifi al USB Ports work and keyboard and touchpad work. And i am a F,ing NOOB with mackintosh.

My Specs:

Laptop Acer Aspire E5-752G-T4MS

AMD A10-8700P

16 GB DDR3 L Memory

2 TB HDD

AMD Radeon Dual Graphics

1. AMD Radeon R6

2. AMD Radeon R8 M365DX with 2 GB Dedicated VRAM

• Like 1