Rahul Iyer

Unable to remove NullCPUPowerManagement

Question

Hello,

I used the 10.10 distro (Yosemite-Zone) to install hackintosh on my Haswell Laptop (Lenovo Y510p). Now I have my custom DSDT & SSDT, to use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. When I tried to remove NullCPUPowerManagement from /S/L/E and rebuild caches its still loading it preventing me from using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Please help!!

Thanks

3 answers to this question

I had the same issue when editing the info.plist file in fakesmc.kext in s/l/e to match the smbios I was using. I could save and rebuild caches, but it wouldn't register changes on reboot. I even deleted all fakesmc.kext files on my HDD and it would still get loaded. So I moved the edited fakesmc to the kexts folder in clover (I use clover.) I solved my issue by formatting the HDD and reinstalling Yosemite without FakeSMC. Now my edited fakesmc is loaded from the kexts folder by clover. Or not loaded if I choose to delete it.

Long story short (unless someone tells you different) you may have to reinstall Yosemite without NullCPUPowerManagement.

I did that, now its not loading NullCPUPowerManagement. But it does not load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement either!

is it in your S/L/E folder?