SSD and/or stability issues on AMD Install - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone
joecam1673

SSD and/or stability issues on AMD Install

Hey folks,

After much fumbling I managed to get a successful Mavericks install on my ASUS KGPE-D16 mobo with dual Opteron 6128's.  There are a few graphics issues I'm trying to work through but, more or less, things seem to be running normally until I try to do a large install.

When I try to install Komplete 10(290GB's) from the USB3 external SSD it came on onto the Samsung EVO 850 SSD that my 0S X install is on, it runs very slowly for a few hours but then ultimately stalls my machine.

The first thing that's odd is the time it takes.  On Windows, this install only takes about and hour and a half so theres a speed issue.

Secondly, and more importantly, it doesn't install and ends up seizing up my rig.

During the installer I made sure the TRIM patch was added and the USB3 patch as well.

I tried the Black Magic HDD speed test just for grins and it seems to run perfectly fine.

I feel like maybe it's an AHCI issue?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe

############### update ###########

OK so it doesn't appear to be USB3 or writing to the SSD.  I was able to copy all 408 packages from the external Komplete SSD to my internal SSD just fine.  I then tried to run the install while the packages were on my hard drive and it still had frozen by the time I woke up and checked on it the next morning.  Now I'm thinking it's a power throttling issue.  I've disabled PowerNow and I'm giving it another go.