I tried to install Yosemite 10.10, the first release by Hackintosh Zone for AMD processors, and had no success as I was always stuck between the boot and login screen, the only way i would make it past was in safe mode which is almost useless.

Has anyone had any success on an FX-8xxx Series CPU with the latest version of Yosemite-Zone (10.10.1). If so, what boot-flags do you use? 

My build:
CPU: AMD FX-8320, 3.5ghz

Ram: 10Gb DDR3
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 1GB
MoBo: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 AM3+

Hi,

i use for install boot flag /amd npci=0x2000 with Amd FX 8350.

In the Volume Selection menu Select the Volume and select Customize 

then select the npci=0x2000 for bootloader.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No for your video card.

• Like 1

tell me how many stable build ? 10.10.1 ?

10.10 I put everything works fine , safari and all the software . Nebylo problems with graphics commands after msibase = 0x90? It loads quickly on my SSD.
But do not work , many programs such as Russian does yandex.
and the most important thing is not working Steam. He does not give errors , it just does not run , jump and everything.
If you did not understand me , I Posnov . I translate through Google translator . Please test run if you have it .
http://browser.yandex.ru/future/

P:AMD FX8320
M:MSI Global 970A-G46
G:GTX650Ti

Well I have an AMD processor myself and I faced many problems with Yosemite!
The solution for me was to choose as the host os "Windows" instead of "Mac".

However notice that if you use VMware, after choosing "Windows" as host os and before running your virtual machine, go to:

C:UsersYOU_USER_NAMEDocumentsVirtual MachinesYOU_VIRTUAL_MACHINE_NAME 

find the .vmx file, edit it with notepad, find the line: firmware = "efi" and remove it.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: The "Windows" selection as host os only work in vmware! In virtualbox select mac 10.9

Also see this video:

10.10.1 working for me with /amd1

but no graphics only able to boot in safe mode

hd5450

I have installed it on FX4100 with ATI Radeon HD 4350 and it works perfect with following bootflags for installation - /amd64 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v

U need to set GraphicsEnabler=No - for Some ATI and Nvidia Gpus Try it .

I've tried re-installing with 10.10.1 using /amd /amd1 /amd2 /amd64 all diffrent times using npci=0x2000 and GraphicsEnabler=No 
It installs fine but after the installation it gets hung on a grey screen with the beach ball of death. This is right before the logon screen, but right after it is done booting (when it gets out of verbose mode). 
The only way to be able to use it is with Safe Mode and that is still completely useless.

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.
I followed this step:
I went on insanelymac.com
Downloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....
Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.
Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:
Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"
It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..
boot in safe mode and install amd webkit.

Boot your osx with -v -f..... Then cross your fingers (i'll also cross mine)...

if it works fine then just add -f (ignore kernel cache)

It worked for me and for many others....

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

16 gb ram corsair vengeance @ 1600

gtx 660 ti (also tryed with ati sapphire hd7xxx series both works)

I can play World of Warcraft with low graphics.... actually really works

Edit: also bsa_yos_r7d worked for me

Anyone solved?

@Simone Rucci
about to try this, really hope it works

Crossing finger

Okay i did get an error, It loads the kext files but as soon as it sctaully starts booting (when the screen size adjusts ) it ends within a few seconds and says no degubgger detcted and then it hangs

Will post screen shos as soon as i get home from work

Thanks,

I previously having trouble to boot yosemite but following your recommendation has solved my problem

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.I followed this step:I went on insanelymac.comDownloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

Okay, I finally got it working; however, I'm having a sound issue now. It is not detecting my motherboard output ports and whenever I try to install the Multibeast VoodooHDA next it says I cannot use that driver

This ended up working after all. To fix the Voodoo problem for my ALC892 Audio driver i followed this video and it worked :

You have to replace kernel, system kext, appleacpi kext and iopcifamily kext and install AMD webkit.
I followed this step:
I went on insanelymac.com
Downloaded kernel BSA_yos_r6b with system kext, 3 post after (Carlo_67 post) kext to replace....
Then logged in in windows (use macdrive to see, manage and move files in HFS partition) replace all kext and kernel.
Reboot and start a new installation, once in installation menu open terminal and type:
Diskutil repairpermissions "name of partition where you installed osx without quotes"
It will rebuild all permissions, it takes 5/10 minutes... Once finished type reboot..

My specs:

Amd fx 8350

Asrock 990 extreme 4

Anyone has problems whith USB mouse or keyboard? I reach the installation wizard but i cannot use the drop down menus to prepare my Hard drive because of no mouse. Only PS/2 keyboard works and cannot access the drop down menus. 

I have Gigabyte Ga-880GM Ud2h with Amd X4 B50 3.2Ghz and Nvidia 650Ti. I have tried all possible combinations of boot flags with no luck (USBBusFix=Yes, npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 , -f, -v, etc..)

Any thoughts?

hi all i was able to install the 10.10 but on booting i get this massege  Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

processor AMD FX- 6100 six core speed;3.3 Mhz, product name h8-1214

Mobo :M3970AM-HP(Angelica)

Ram:10 gig

Gpu: Nvidia gtx550TI

Try with a fresh install

@ridz15 Are you using chameleon?

I have had problems installing it so i stick to booting with the install USB. click the Install USB as your boot device and then click on the drive you installed Yosemite on. For some reason Chameleon dosent load off my Yosemite drive.

@ridz15 Are you using chameleon?

I have had problems installing it so i stick to booting with the install USB. click the Install USB as your boot device and then click on the drive you installed Yosemite on. For some reason Chameleon dosent load off my Yosemite drive.

@Alvaro Ursua

Yes using chameleon and it boots fine from the usb was just wondering if there is a fix for this . Will try use clover will let you know how that goes

@ridz15
Any luck? Im gonna search to see if other people are having this

@ridz15

Any luck? Im gonna search to see if other people are having this

@Alvaro Ursua

Not yet......let me know if u get anything

@ridz15

I don't know if clover is a good choice, in my own experience i found clover as the worst bootloader..... Anyway try to boot with usbfix=yes

@ridz15

I don't know if clover is a good choice, in my own experience i found clover as the worst bootloader..... Anyway try to boot with usbfix=yes

@Simone Rucci its the worst (or i configured it wrongly) anyway had to do a fresh install still booting from usb though

You can't pur the usb hd as internal?

@ridz15

Okay, installed Chameleon wizard Using revision 2529

The i installed a theme, not sure if that does anything, but it was the "DType - Stylistically Simple" and i go it work without a USB now. For the Install method i set it on "Update"

hi

for me my probleme is after installation

when first reboot i have

bootoss= error

for install i use  /amdfx -v-F npci=0x3000

install i make this in bootloader

where i make error ??

my config

mb  asus M5A97 r2

amd fx 8350 8 core black edition

8Go ram

if idea

@ridz15

Okay, installed Chameleon wizard Using revision 2529

The i installed a theme, not sure if that does anything, but it was the "DType - Stylistically Simple" and i go it work without a USB now. For the Install method i set it on "Update"

@Alvaro Ursua no luck yet but still trying to play around with the wizard thank you

Go it working better, download Chimera 4.0.1 from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=246and install it onto the drive that you have OS X installed on.

Then installed this theme by renaming the folder to "Default" and replacing the default theme in /Extra/Themes (I suggest making a backup just in case)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/138797-new-theme-os-x-yosemite-bootloader-theme.html

Here's a video to follow, its nicer than the themes available for download. It's also comparable with all chameleon themes.

Go it working better, download Chimera 4.0.1 from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=246andinstall it onto the drive that you have OS X installed on.

Then installed this theme by renaming the folder to "Default" and replacing the default theme in /Extra/Themes (I suggest making a backup just in case)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/customization/138797-new-theme-os-x-yosemite-bootloader-theme.html

Here's a video to follow, its nicer than the themes available for download. It's also comparable with all chameleon themes.

@Alvaro Ursua a million thanks works perfectly

Hi,

i use for install boot flag /amd npci=0x2000 with Amd FX 8350.

In the Volume Selection menu Select the Volume and select Customize 

then select the npci=0x2000 for bootloader.

Try GraphicsEnabler=No for your video card.

OMG! Thankyou so much!!!

• Like 1

Build-

FX8350 AMD

ASUS M5A99FX R2.0

HyperX 8GB 1866

Nvidia Gtx 730

Getting boot0ss error while booting with the pen drive.. Any help to debug/fix ?

Hi eberbody, I have a problem I used npci=0x2000 fot bootloader

and all is ok but I dont know what  is user and password

some idea for solve it?

asd.jpg

On 9/23/2015, 9:33:18, Vialythen said:

OMG! Thankyou so much!!!

hi,, thanks for this, it works for me too , im newbie at hackintosh when 1st install i just get stuck on HDMI DVI problem.. this is solve my problem.. 

hey after instalation restart and loading apple logo, but after that my screen got blank, trying to safe mode but my keyboard stuck, wtf help me..

After had so many trouble i decide to share my info .

my MOBO : GA-78LMT-USB3

NVIDIA zotac 2gb

vengeance 6 gb of ram or 8 gb im forgot

Procesor : AMD FX

install using transmac 

use yosemite 10.10

my flag : /amdfx npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

bootloader FixUSB and 0x3000

had trouble when restart after installed, and got blank screen : solution trying to verbose mode at USB -s -v  then type 

grafix backup all

problem apeared since im using PS/2 keyboard so i decide to stole keyboard from computer store and grab it hahahha

the problem is not yet over, i had issue from bluetooth : solution go to verbose mode again at USB > -s -v npci=0x3000

then see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYLTcd5TwGk

go to verbose mode again at USB > -s -v npci=0x3000 then type EXIT

and yep i was finnaly login into my mac for the 1st time.. thanks to all :D 

On 7/2/2015 at 3:46 PM, Alvaro Ursua said:

Okay, I finally got it working; however, I'm having a sound issue now. It is not detecting my motherboard output ports and whenever I try to install the Multibeast VoodooHDA next it says I cannot use that driver

How you got that boot proper , can you please let me know ?

So far installer is working with amd phenom ii x4 965 black edition and gtx 750ti. Installing on a Kingston 240 GB ssd. Mobo is  m4a88t -v evo/usb3 from asus. Used boot flags /amd64 nv_disable=1 dart=0 -x -v

Install is hanging at 11 minutes 

Localhost osinstaller 403 can not connect to /var/run/systemkeychaincheck.socket no such file or directory