UnderX

VirtualBox Yosemite install stuck at 2 minutes left

grant

You have to uncheck "Install Network Drivers (Kexts)".

Else, installation stuck when 2 minutes left, with network led blinking...

Look this guide:  http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

Hope this help!! :)

my install still sticks at 2 minutes left after disabling.  The network LED was never blinking on previous installs anyways.

If you see my screenshots you'll see the install sticks at "Post-Script". 

dcialdella

I have the same problem with 2 mins

I tried it in a ELitebook (HP) with Intel i5, intel video. etc.etc...

I saw the rainbow circle moving.... never finished.....

never boot again.

tparvu

Hello, I had tried Mavericks before in VirtualBox with no luck but I decided to try again, and with Niresh Yosemite I can get it to boot and start installing.  My host system is Arch Linux.  My processor is an AMD FX-8350.  VirtualBox  4.3-20.

I have tried various settings for my virtual machine...  It doesn't seem to matter what flags or settings I use, the install gets stuck every time in the same place;

"Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD"

Has anyone been able to get the Nirish Yosemite to install on an AMD proc in virtualbox?  

I have tried a lot of different combinations, including not installing the kexts networking and graphics.  

When I reboot and try to boot from the installed system with "-v", the system hangs after "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"

So close, but so far away...  pretty hard to blackbox the installer, is there any code available?

I'll keep trying some more, but I am running out of ideas.  Rebooting and running with "-v -x" I am getting a little more info;

"BUG in process suhelperd[121]:"... "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"...  

I might try and install this on an old Intel box I have and see how it goes.  But I would really like to get this working in VirtualBox on my workstation.  

Simadri

After Inatallation halt at "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD" reboot the system.

Start the system from harddrive installed yosemite not from image with -s flag for single user mode.

Go to the /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD directoty and execute the ./postinstall script

Exit after completed and wait for login screen and login using root/niresh .

tparvu

Hi Simadri,

Not sure how I got it to work, but your post helped!  I have tried a few other things now.  I believe, and I will create another virtual machine and try again later, that I installed with "/amdfx -v -s -x" then I let it go.  Once it hung on the postinstall script I sent a shutdown command from the apple menu.  Kernel eventually panicked.  Reset computer, booted to new install with "-s -x -v".  

Got into a root command shell.  Did the fsck and remounted "/" RW.  Followed the MOTD or whatever it is in OSX/FreeBSD.  

Then I went and ran the postinstall script.  exited the root shell, waited, waited, and blam it looks like it is working!  

When I get a chance, I will try another install and document what I did to make it work.  Thanks to everyone!  Pretty excited to finally be able to play with a Mac.  :)

There were a lot of other attempts, but I am pretty sure this is the one that worked.  I'll post again when I have a formula that works repeatedly.

worslesr

This is probably a common problem with VirtualBox. I have an AMD FX6100 with Nvidia GTZ750 Graphics and get exactly the same issue. Get both with Yosemite 10.10 and 10.10.1 distros.

It loads OK on VMWare so assume some kind of VirtualBox incompatibility. 

tparvu

I just finished a clean install.  

Booted to the ISO with "/admfx -v".

Went through the install process.  Hung on the postinstall, tried to power off, then did a reset.

Booted to the new install with "-s".

Remounted "/" read/write.

Ran the "/.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/postinstall" program.

When that finished I exited the root shell and the system came up to multi-user and seems to be working fine.

I have an AMD-FX8350 with Nvidia GTX 760 using VirtualBox 4.3.20.

I switched to VirtualBox a few years back, but maybe I will give VMWare another try.

I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I think I will try and install on an older Intel box I have laying around as well.  

Thanks for everybody's hard work and help, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

Voss27

I've followed your instructions tparvu and finally managed to get my VirtualBox Yosemite 10.10.1 install working :)

I had to do some googling to work out how to use the Unix command line, but after running the postinstall script the instalation finished and works :)

btw my Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD folder was different, something like Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.W8ztVR, so i had to use ls to show me the folders and workout which one I needed to get into.

aymanunited

I have the same problem tried everything still stuck in 2 mins remaining 

If any one found a solution please post it.

I don't know the problem with the ISO file or the VM is not ready yet for it! 

I just finished a clean install.  

Booted to the ISO with "/admfx -v".

Went through the install process.  Hung on the postinstall, tried to power off, then did a reset.

Booted to the new install with "-s".

Remounted "/" read/write.

Ran the "/.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/postinstall" program.

When that finished I exited the root shell and the system came up to multi-user and seems to be working fine.

I have an AMD-FX8350 with Nvidia GTX 760 using VirtualBox 4.3.20.

I switched to VirtualBox a few years back, but maybe I will give VMWare another try.

I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I think I will try and install on an older Intel box I have laying around as well.  

Thanks for everybody's hard work and help, I really appreciate it.

Please if you know how to make it with Intel CPU post it 

I have Intel core i7 5820K, Gigabyte x99-ud4, Gigabyte geforce gtx 750 

erlopeez

I can't make it to work too.

I've followed your instructions tparvu and finally managed to get my VirtualBox Yosemite 10.10.1 install working :)

I had to do some googling to work out how to use the Unix command line, but after running the postinstall script the instalation finished and works :)

btw my Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD folder was different, something like Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.W8ztVR, so i had to use ls to show me the folders and workout which one I needed to get into.

I've got an Intel processor with host Windows 8.1

How can I get to "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.XXXXXX" folder?

cass67

I can't make it to work too.

I've got an Intel processor with host Windows 8.1

How can I get to "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.XXXXXX" folder?

boot -s -v

run the fsck and mount commnands shown when you hit single user mode 

then 

cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

then run 

./postinstall

then type exit and it should boot .. 

did for me .. 

• Like 1

worslesr

Unfortunately this does not work for me. As I have an AMD6100 CPU this wont load with -s mode (this caused kernel panic) and thus I cant get it to load into Linux (Single user) mode. 

worslesr

Also tried copying amd1 kernel into root and running /amd1 -s but this had same effect.

tical

Guys I worked this out. It was tricky and lot of the posts above didn't go into enough detail. I hope this helps someone as it was driving me nuts!

When you first boot into Hackintosh Zone OSX Installer go to Terminal and cp boot*, amd* and Base* and any other kernels to /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" from /Volumes/Image Volume

Then most importantly make this volume bootable by using

bless --mount /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" --setBoot

Now continue the installation process with OSX Installer as normal until you get stuck on Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

Now reset the VM and then boot into single user mode from Chameleon boot screen. For example I booted with:

/amd1 -x -s -v

Then when booted I followed the MOTD and executed below commands to make the volume writeable:

fsck –fy
mount –uw /

Then go to folder where the script got stuck

cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

And execute

./postinstall

When done

shutdown -r now

In Chameleon bootloader just boot up normally now. For example:

/amd1

And continue the installation process.

• Like 1

worslesr

This is a good step forward and very nearly works on my system (AMD FX6100 and NVidia GFX750). Followed instructions and all loaded OK although graphics are very slow and a bit jittery. Biggest issue is I get kernel panics whenever I shut down. System also tends to lock up occasionally. Can only assume there was something else it hadn't fully installed when it froze.

Hackintosh

Its not an issue with the ISO all you can try is to use this tool

and Move the Mouse Frequently that may prevent OS From Going to sleep mode

Virtual Box doesnt support Mac OS X Exclusively so try VMWare

tical

Its not an issue with the ISO all you can try is to use this tool

and Move the Mouse Frequently that may prevent OS From Going to sleep mode

Virtual Box doesnt support Mac OS X Exclusively so try VMWare

Tried using VMware Unlocker and that works fine. I've just tried to install again into VMware, this time moving the mouse during the installation process and it still seems to never finish the Post-Script step in installer. I am able to quit and get it working with the method in my previous post but maybe there are some other scripts we need to manually execute after Post-Script to make sure we recover correctly?

Also I've noticed that the VMware VM needs more than 4GB RAM during installation. 8GB RAM seems more appropriate as installer ends up using close to 7GB anyway. Seems that every file loaded from Yosemite-Zone.iso during installation is loaded in RAM and not freed until reboot

akns

I used the premade virtualbox here. It's a virtual disk w/ yosemite already installed. Dunno if it's safe from malware and such. Can someone w/ more knowledge chime in about that?