UnderX

VirtualBox Yosemite install stuck at 2 minutes left

Hello everyone!

It's my 5th time trying to install osx on a pc and never managed to do so on my actual pc.

I'm trying to install yosemite from yosemite zone iso on virtualbox and for the 3rd time i get stuck at 2 minutes left with hdd icon lightning up from time to time and nothing else happends.

Any ideeas? I've runned the install with -v and the 0x2000 thing and same thing happends.

My actual configuration isn't relevant since it's a virtual machine right? I've passed 4cpu's to the vm and 8gb out if that's relevant and i had to uncheck efi mode to be able to boot from the iso.

Thank you!

for how long does it stuck at the ' 2 min ' ?

45 minutes already :(

If relevant, i5 3570k, 16gb DDR3 1800, Gtx 680, Asrock Extreme 4.

when i had to installed mavericks on virtualbox, the size of the virtual hard disk had to be 40 gb otherwise it was not installing

mine was set on dynamic with maximum 60gb. I'm trying with vmware 10 now. maybe will work better. 

12.22am already. Trying to get this running from 14 pm. Still nothing. I'm about to quit :|

try to adjust it to 40 gb

did you ever install mavericks on virtualbox before?

try to adjust it to 40 gb

did you ever install mavericks on virtualbox before?

I managed to finally make it run on vmware, very slow but it worked. Now, after first install, i get stuck after logging in with the rainbow pointer. It's not stuck, i have the message that says "the pc was shut down because of a problem, open or cancel but i can't click nothing. Dunno why.

And i installed with the zone.iso file on vmware, now i'm trying to create a real usb drive from the dmg file, any tutorial that can help me with it? Thank you!

I managed to finally make it run on vmware, very slow but it worked. 

How?

Mine is stuck at 2min also.  4gb ram + 40gb HD.

I am also getting stuck at the 2 mins remaining portion of the install. I have with both a 20GB and 40GB virtual drive, same thing. The VIrtualBox .vdi file only ever gets to be 8.36GB and stops growing there.

I am following the tutorial from macbreaker: http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

I did manage to install Yosemite using a the dmg file off a USB drive yesterday on the same PC, that all ran smoothly, but I wanted to give VM a shot and am not having luck.

My config is a i5 4670K, 16GB of RAM, GTX 770, on an ASUS Z87 Pro board.

The VIrtualBox .vdi file only ever gets to be 8.36GB and stops growing there.

Mine stopped at 8,970,567,680 bytes.   I clicked inside the virtualbox and the black arrow turned into a spinning rainbow.  

I am using the same guide as you.  No surprise we get the same results.

Edit:  when creating the virtual machine i used "Mac OS X (64 Bit)" as the version.  (i.e., I did not pick the Mavericks option)

I also used "Mac OS X (64 Bit)" and not Mavericks. Setup the VM to use 4 GB of RAM and 2 cores.

Anyone have any advice for us? Any idea what the problem could be?

i got this problem too..stuck at 2 minutes left....after 4 hours still nothing....anyone solve the problem?

post-135943-0-92326000-1417529343_thumb.

Even i am facing the same issue .

What VirtualBox is everyone using?   Maybe that matters?   I am on 4.3.20.  

I've seen youtube videos of niresh running on 4.3.18 though.

I am having the same issue, stuck with 2 minutes remaining, and i am running on vmware esxi 5.5

same issue here!

I turned on logging and the install gets stuck after a bunch of lines that say:

PackageKit: Executing script "./postinstall" in /Volumes/MachineName/.OSInstallSandboxPath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zon..."

The ends of these lines run off screen so I can't see the rest

EPsrYZU.png

I cheated and used a .VDI from a youtube tutorial.  It will run if you boot using the "-x" (safe mode) flag but otherwise will hang while booting after the 1st boot.

I suspect this .ISO isn't yet ready to be used on virtualbox- might need a few more tweaks.

I got the same problems while trying to install it on my amd pc too, the installation stopped

Same issue, stuck with "2 min left" (not to mention it starts at 16 minutes left and takes ~1hour to get to 2min).

I tried changing the following:

- /amd and /amd64 kernels,

- disabling network and Audio kexts in Customize,

- adding VBoxManage modifyvm <Name of virtual machine> --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff

- larger disk size (60 GB) then I intend to use

- PIIX3 and ICH9 chipsets

- 1 and 2 cores

- NAT/Bridged network

- VirtualBox 4.3.18 as well as 4.3.20

nothing helps.

I've noticed disk activity almost stops by this point, only network activity is shown (the opposite goes for 16->3min).

Running Windows 8.1 on AMD Phenom X4, 8 GB RAM.

• Like 1

i tried on VMware Workstation 11 on ubuntu and the install was fine. only the ui is so much laggy i cant do anything in it.

Same here trying to install Yosemite Zone under VirtualBox V4.3.20 r96996 using the same guide as I used to successfully install Niresh's Mavericks a few weeks ago.

Installation looks good but stalls with 2 minutes remaining.

Nice post @Zadet!

Here is the log at the time it freezes.  Apparently the install can't handle "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.9u5y2B"

I think I found this in the .ISO  (/Packes/Fix/Post.Script) but the files are binary and I have no idea how to analyze them.

post-131514-0-80321200-1417633667_thumb.

I think I have found a fix for the problem.

Ok, when it is stuck press the Host key (default is Right Ctrl) + R

This will bring up the reset option.

Click 'Reset'

Ok now boot into the hard disk that you installed yosemite on.

It should load!

This worked for me!

I've edited this and I am sorry that this didn't work for everyone. I will try and find a way to fix it ASAP!

I think I have found a fix or the problem.

Click 'Reset'

It should load!

This worked for me!

Unfortunately, resetting after the install sticks doesn't work for me (i tried it many times with both the .ISO + .VDI installs last night).   The loading progress bar would slow down and then stop at ~50% complete

Would be very curious to see what happens for others.

post-131514-0-85655700-1417642115_thumb.

right now I am attempting to re-install after the reset.  (as per the help guide "stuck at 1 minute left").  

Installation Issue: Hanging at 1 Minute Left
Issue: Installer hangs at about "1 minute left"

Solution: Once the installer hangs at 1 min left, Reboot back into the DVD installation in the same manor as before. Do NOT format the drive, Relabel or enter the disk utility at all. Continue through the installation, this time it will finish installing successfully, and quicker as it will only install the missing files.

Hasn't proven true with this .ISO, the 2nd install attempt is going as slowly as the first.

Edit:  2nd install attempt fails, at ~6 minutes it says a package cannot be installed and insists machine must be restarted.

I think I have found a fix or the problem.

Click 'Reset'

It should load!

This worked for me!

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

I will try and find another solution for the guys it didn't work for. Ok.

I'm also having the same issue here. 2 minutes left. My VM was created with 20GB, with operating system Mac OS X (64 bit). VB version: 4.3.12

I feel this is becoming a common issue. Has someone found a solution to this? 

I'm also having the same issue here. 2 minutes left. My VM was created with 20GB, with operating system Mac OS X (64 bit). VB version: 4.3.12

I feel this is becoming a common issue. Has someone found a solution to this? 

I've thought of something but im not sure if it works.

When you get to the boot screen type '-x -v'

then press enter and then see what happens.

I just tried the latest ISO and everything is exactly the same.

If people have got it working after a reboot, maybe you could give us some details about how you configured your virtual machine.

ThrilaGames, on 
04 Dec 2014 - 5:32 PM, said:

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :/

I'm also in the same boat. I have tried reinstalling multiple times with different options and always get stuck at 2 mins when it is doing Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.blahblah

Let me start off by thanking you for the suggestion.  I think if this problem is going to get solved, it's because people keep pressing random buttons until something works, OR, we'll somehow catch the attention of Niresh or another wizard and they will fix this black magic for us.

What i've learned about "-v -x":

-v = verbose mode, i.e., it will display a log of what's going on while booting up instead of the pretty screen.  This will not ever affect whether something works, but is very useful for troubleshooting ... if you have the capability to play with your install.    Unless we are going to deconstruct Niresh's hard work & build a new boot media, there's very few options we can play with and none of them seem relevant to the problems we're seeing.

-x = safe mode.   I assume this is like windows safe mode where only the bare minimum of drivers are loaded to ensure a bad driver doesn't crash the computer.  Unless I really misunderstand the install process, it should by definition already be in "safe" mode because there are not yet any drivers installed for it to attempt to load & crash on.

I suspect "-v -x" has become kind of a catch-all answer to "fix" things for people who don't understand their install and have inadvertently installed a bad driver.

Ordinarily I'd be happy to use "-x" to boot a VirtualBox instance of OSX  (as obviously I am only concerned about the performance & hardware compatibility of my host system).   I tried it and will put results in next post.

"-v -x" test, doesn't work:

Steps:

1. Regular Yosemite-Zone.iso" install attempted (using .torrent dated Dec 3rd)

2. Install freezes at 2 minutes left ("blah blah post-install.blah")

3. Reset the VM

4. Given 3 options to boot

• en(0,0) (Installer) Yosemite Zone
  • hd(0,2) (Installer) MyHardDisk
  • hd(0,3) (Installer) Recovery HD

5. HIghlight the 2nd option (MyHardDisk), type "-v -x", press enter

6. VM chugs away for a while and eventually freezes on: "Resetting IOCatalogue."

post-131514-0-14454800-1417804420_thumb.

I also tried using a mavericks install and upgrading via a few different ways:

1. pgrade to yosemite from the app store.

Result:  computer shuts down but nothing is installed

2. uppgrade to yosemite using a "MacPwn" usb drive

Result: the USB drive will not boot in the VM  (it displays a "6" briefly before the VM loads a bios simulator).   I confirmed the USB key will boot on a real mac

3. Create a virtual Yosemite upgrade disk using some "clover" instructions I found on another site

Result: The virtual disk displays a confusing mix of niresh/clover boot options (I presume related to various partitions on the 2 virtual drives) but all of them lead to either a reboot or a blank screen

Ok try this.

Download the latest version of the iso from the url: Yosemite Zone

Then put it in virtualbox. Ok now make the virtual hard disk a vhd. Then install it onto that.

This might work.

The other way is to get the mavericks iso and then once installed onto the hard disk download MacPwn and that will give you instructions to update to Yosemite.

@ThrilaGames "Put it in virtualbox" that's exactly what we're trying to troubleshoot.

Ok I have found a pretty awesome fix this time

I will make a youtube video for this as it is quite hard to explain then I will edit this comment and give you the link to the video ok.

@ThrilaGames "Put it in virtualbox" that's exactly what we're trying to troubleshoot.

When I said 'Put it in virtualbox' i meant go to your virtual machine click setting click storage and add the iso there.

Here's how to get past VM Swap Subsystem is ON. CONFIRMED WORKING LATEST VERSION WITH ISO.

SOLUTION: Run VBoxManage modifyvm "name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff and boot the VM with -x -v AFTER INSTALL. Set it up, wait for the Hackintosh Config thing to finsh, and you're good to go.

Remember to do this AFTER you get stuck at 2 mins. The OS has actually finshed installing, but it stalls for some reason.

Thanks to Tan ZiGanG and Tech Reviews for finding this. Props to them.

I can also conform that it 100% works after you fully set it up.

Edited by william3412

"-v -x" test, doesn't work:

Steps:

1. Regular Yosemite-Zone.iso" install attempted (using .torrent dated Dec 3rd)

2. Install freezes at 2 minutes left ("blah blah post-install.blah")

3. Reset the VM

4. Given 3 options to boot

• en(0,0) (Installer) Yosemite Zone
  • hd(0,2) (Installer) MyHardDisk
  • hd(0,3) (Installer) Recovery HD

5. HIghlight the 2nd option (MyHardDisk), type "-v -x", press enter

6. VM chugs away for a while and eventually freezes on: "Resetting IOCatalogue."

I am getting the same error when trying to boot using the -v -x flags

The last line I see is the [iOBluetoothHCIController]  --  Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. That's the last line in your screenshot also grant before the Resetting IOCatalogue.

I also tried using the latest Yosemite-Zone.iso file. It's 5.10GB instead of 5.07GB like the first one I used a few days ago. Unfortunately the same thing is happening with both iso files... install hangs with 2 mins to go and rebooting goves me the above error.

I've just tried using VMware Workstation to install Yosemite, and I'm once again getting stuck with 2 mins remaining.

Has anyone actually managed to install Yosemite-Zone.iso using a VM?

@ Thank you for offering a solution. However, I think that downloading someone else's VirtualBox Hard Drive is not the correct one. The solution would be the way that witch craft did it to work, i guess. Although, still, this would be a suitable walkaround for someone that urges to have Yosemite.

@ Thank you for offering a solution. However, I think that downloading someone else's VirtualBox Hard Drive is not the correct one. The solution would be the way that witch craft did it to work, i guess. Although, still, this would be a suitable walkaround for someone that urges to have Yosemite.

Yes, I need it for XCode and I would never buy a real mac so...

I've tried many times but this still doesn't work for me.

Booting with the -x -v flags does the same as I wrote before, hangs after the bluetooth controller line.

Same for me. What I did is:

1. Create a new VM.
  2. Execute: VBoxManage modifyvm "OS X Yosemite" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff  (after placing it in the VBox folder: cd C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox)
  3. Add the .iso file to the VM, disabled the checkmark on Enable EFI and started the VM.
  4. Enter in Yosemite Zone.iso, with no flags. Create a partition in Disk Utility and install Yosemite.
  5. Installation gets stuck at 2 minutes before finishing, as always.
  6. Reboot the VM and enter in the partition that was created before, this time using -v -x flags.
  7. Does not work and gets stuck on the line: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Hope someone finds a solution to this. I keep looking and investigating, with no success  :mellow:

I agree and I asked Tech Review to create a new video showing an install from .ISO. 

After using Tech Review's .VDI on several installs, it still only boot with -V -X, even after multiple reboots.  That is also not a correct long-term solution.

1. Does not work and gets stuck on the line: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Hope someone finds a solution to this. I keep looking and investigating, with no success  :mellow:

If you wait long enough another line will appear talking about cache.

I tried deleting all of the graphics kexts + bluetooth kexts.   the blutooth error no longer appears but it still freezes in same place.

Same for me. What I did is:

1. Create a new VM.
  2. Execute: VBoxManage modifyvm "OS X Yosemite" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff  (after placing it in the VBox folder: cd C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox)
  3. Add the .iso file to the VM, disabled the checkmark on Enable EFI and started the VM.
  4. Enter in Yosemite Zone.iso, with no flags. Create a partition in Disk Utility and install Yosemite.
  5. Installation gets stuck at 2 minutes before finishing, as always.
  6. Reboot the VM and enter in the partition that was created before, this time using -v -x flags.
  7. Does not work and gets stuck on the line: [iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Exactly the same for me :(

My host have 4 cores. Trying to install with 4 cores and hangs at the end if the installation.

Then i tried with 2 cores, and install finished success..

I have a 4core machine, with 8 virtual cores (intel i7 Q820) ... install doesn't work with either 1, 2, or 4 cores assigned to VM.

Interestingly, giving the VM 4 cores makes it run VERY sluggishly. 

I now run my VMs with 2 cores + bridged networking.

Last night I paused a yosemite install and this morning when i restarted it, the log quickly reported it had received a new IP address.  So certainly the system is still reponsive even though the installation has frozen.

It also says ""Disk queue stuck" a few times, which i have not seen before.

post-131514-0-77395700-1418230746_thumb.

My host have 4 cores. Trying to install with 4 cores and hangs at the end if the installation.

Then i tried with 2 cores, and install finished success..

Also tried changing to cores to 2 or 4 with no success. Installation still gets stuck at 2 minutes left. Are we doing something wrong? Or is the .iso itself not working?

Try rebooting your machine after install and doing ./postscript in terminal? I honestly just started installing it in VMWare and using "beamoff".

Keep in mind that the installation remains half an hour when "2 minutes left" message appears.

Watch the activity leds in botton-right corner of virtualbox. They should blink....

Keep in mind that the installation remains half an hour when "2 minutes left" message appears.

Watch the activity leds in botton-right corner of virtualbox. They should blink....

Tried again last night. At the '14 minutes remaining' message I noticed the HDD LED on my PC was on solid. Left it and went to bed. This morning the install screen was gone and the VB Manager screen showed that the install had aborted.

I do hope the guys at Hackintosh/Niresh are looking at a fix for this.

You have to uncheck "Install Network Drivers (Kexts)".

Else, installation stuck when 2 minutes left, with network led blinking...

Look this guide:  http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

Hope this help!! :)

You have to uncheck "Install Network Drivers (Kexts)".

Else, installation stuck when 2 minutes left, with network led blinking...

Look this guide:  http://www.macbreaker.com/2014/05/os-x-mavericks-in-virtualbox-with-niresh.html

Hope this help!! :)

my install still sticks at 2 minutes left after disabling.  The network LED was never blinking on previous installs anyways.

If you see my screenshots you'll see the install sticks at "Post-Script". 

I have the same problem with 2 mins

I tried it in a ELitebook (HP) with Intel i5, intel video. etc.etc...

I saw the rainbow circle moving.... never finished.....

never boot again.

Hello, I had tried Mavericks before in VirtualBox with no luck but I decided to try again, and with Niresh Yosemite I can get it to boot and start installing.  My host system is Arch Linux.  My processor is an AMD FX-8350.  VirtualBox  4.3-20.

I have tried various settings for my virtual machine...  It doesn't seem to matter what flags or settings I use, the install gets stuck every time in the same place;

"Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD"

Has anyone been able to get the Nirish Yosemite to install on an AMD proc in virtualbox?  

I have tried a lot of different combinations, including not installing the kexts networking and graphics.  

When I reboot and try to boot from the installed system with "-v", the system hangs after "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"

So close, but so far away...  pretty hard to blackbox the installer, is there any code available?

I'll keep trying some more, but I am running out of ideas.  Rebooting and running with "-v -x" I am getting a little more info;

"BUG in process suhelperd[121]:"... "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"...  

I might try and install this on an old Intel box I have and see how it goes.  But I would really like to get this working in VirtualBox on my workstation.  

After Inatallation halt at "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD" reboot the system.

Start the system from harddrive installed yosemite not from image with -s flag for single user mode.

Go to the /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD directoty and execute the ./postinstall script

Exit after completed and wait for login screen and login using root/niresh .

Hi Simadri,

Not sure how I got it to work, but your post helped!  I have tried a few other things now.  I believe, and I will create another virtual machine and try again later, that I installed with "/amdfx -v -s -x" then I let it go.  Once it hung on the postinstall script I sent a shutdown command from the apple menu.  Kernel eventually panicked.  Reset computer, booted to new install with "-s -x -v".  

Got into a root command shell.  Did the fsck and remounted "/" RW.  Followed the MOTD or whatever it is in OSX/FreeBSD.  

Then I went and ran the postinstall script.  exited the root shell, waited, waited, and blam it looks like it is working!  

When I get a chance, I will try another install and document what I did to make it work.  Thanks to everyone!  Pretty excited to finally be able to play with a Mac.  :)

There were a lot of other attempts, but I am pretty sure this is the one that worked.  I'll post again when I have a formula that works repeatedly.

This is probably a common problem with VirtualBox. I have an AMD FX6100 with Nvidia GTZ750 Graphics and get exactly the same issue. Get both with Yosemite 10.10 and 10.10.1 distros.

It loads OK on VMWare so assume some kind of VirtualBox incompatibility. 

I just finished a clean install.  

Booted to the ISO with "/admfx -v".

Went through the install process.  Hung on the postinstall, tried to power off, then did a reset.

Booted to the new install with "-s".

Remounted "/" read/write.

Ran the "/.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/postinstall" program.

When that finished I exited the root shell and the system came up to multi-user and seems to be working fine.

I have an AMD-FX8350 with Nvidia GTX 760 using VirtualBox 4.3.20.

I switched to VirtualBox a few years back, but maybe I will give VMWare another try.

I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I think I will try and install on an older Intel box I have laying around as well.  

Thanks for everybody's hard work and help, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

I've followed your instructions tparvu and finally managed to get my VirtualBox Yosemite 10.10.1 install working :)

I had to do some googling to work out how to use the Unix command line, but after running the postinstall script the instalation finished and works :)

btw my Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD folder was different, something like Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.W8ztVR, so i had to use ls to show me the folders and workout which one I needed to get into.

I have the same problem tried everything still stuck in 2 mins remaining 

If any one found a solution please post it.

I don't know the problem with the ISO file or the VM is not ready yet for it! 

I just finished a clean install.  

Booted to the ISO with "/admfx -v".

Went through the install process.  Hung on the postinstall, tried to power off, then did a reset.

Booted to the new install with "-s".

Remounted "/" read/write.

Ran the "/.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/postinstall" program.

When that finished I exited the root shell and the system came up to multi-user and seems to be working fine.

I have an AMD-FX8350 with Nvidia GTX 760 using VirtualBox 4.3.20.

I switched to VirtualBox a few years back, but maybe I will give VMWare another try.

I'm pretty excited to try this out.  I think I will try and install on an older Intel box I have laying around as well.  

Thanks for everybody's hard work and help, I really appreciate it.

Please if you know how to make it with Intel CPU post it 

I have Intel core i7 5820K, Gigabyte x99-ud4, Gigabyte geforce gtx 750 

I can't make it to work too.

I've followed your instructions tparvu and finally managed to get my VirtualBox Yosemite 10.10.1 install working :)

I had to do some googling to work out how to use the Unix command line, but after running the postinstall script the instalation finished and works :)

btw my Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD folder was different, something like Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.W8ztVR, so i had to use ls to show me the folders and workout which one I needed to get into.

I've got an Intel processor with host Windows 8.1

How can I get to "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.XXXXXX" folder?

I can't make it to work too.

I've got an Intel processor with host Windows 8.1

How can I get to "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.XXXXXX" folder?

boot -s -v

run the fsck and mount commnands shown when you hit single user mode 

then 

cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

then run 

./postinstall

then type exit and it should boot .. 

did for me .. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately this does not work for me. As I have an AMD6100 CPU this wont load with -s mode (this caused kernel panic) and thus I cant get it to load into Linux (Single user) mode. 

Also tried copying amd1 kernel into root and running /amd1 -s but this had same effect.

Guys I worked this out. It was tricky and lot of the posts above didn't go into enough detail. I hope this helps someone as it was driving me nuts!

When you first boot into Hackintosh Zone OSX Installer go to Terminal and cp boot*, amd* and Base* and any other kernels to /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" from /Volumes/Image Volume

Then most importantly make this volume bootable by using

bless --mount /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" --setBoot

Now continue the installation process with OSX Installer as normal until you get stuck on Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

Now reset the VM and then boot into single user mode from Chameleon boot screen. For example I booted with:

/amd1 -x -s -v

Then when booted I followed the MOTD and executed below commands to make the volume writeable:

fsck –fy
mount –uw /

Then go to folder where the script got stuck

And execute

./postinstall

When done

shutdown -r now

In Chameleon bootloader just boot up normally now. For example:

/amd1

And continue the installation process.

This is a good step forward and very nearly works on my system (AMD FX6100 and NVidia GFX750). Followed instructions and all loaded OK although graphics are very slow and a bit jittery. Biggest issue is I get kernel panics whenever I shut down. System also tends to lock up occasionally. Can only assume there was something else it hadn't fully installed when it froze.

Yes it seems to freeze on shutdown but that is OK for now. If your graphics are running slow you can try running BeamOff but that is only for VMware based products http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302424-yosemite-on-vmware-unusable/

Its not an issue with the ISO all you can try is to use this tool

and Move the Mouse Frequently that may prevent OS From Going to sleep mode

Virtual Box doesnt support Mac OS X Exclusively so try VMWare

Its not an issue with the ISO all you can try is to use this tool

and Move the Mouse Frequently that may prevent OS From Going to sleep mode

Virtual Box doesnt support Mac OS X Exclusively so try VMWare

Tried using VMware Unlocker and that works fine. I've just tried to install again into VMware, this time moving the mouse during the installation process and it still seems to never finish the Post-Script step in installer. I am able to quit and get it working with the method in my previous post but maybe there are some other scripts we need to manually execute after Post-Script to make sure we recover correctly?

Also I've noticed that the VMware VM needs more than 4GB RAM during installation. 8GB RAM seems more appropriate as installer ends up using close to 7GB anyway. Seems that every file loaded from Yosemite-Zone.iso during installation is loaded in RAM and not freed until reboot

I used the premade virtualbox here. It's a virtual disk w/ yosemite already installed. Dunno if it's safe from malware and such. Can someone w/ more knowledge chime in about that?

I also had this problem when using it in VirtualBox, i spend tried mutiple times with mutiple boot options and spend many days trying to figure it out. But it doesnt work.

but i got succes using VMWare 11 on AMD system. so i suggest you to use VMWare, it is working fine for me.

boot -s -v

then 

then run 

./postinstall

then type exit and it should boot .. 

did for me .. 

This did the trick for me. I have been trying to figure out a way to run the OS on Virtual Box with Intel-Processor. By the way if there are folks who are not aware of using Unix commands and if you get an error using
cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/
It is because the last six alphabets could be different. I would recommend try:
cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts
ls <= This will list the files and folders and look for "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xxxxxx" folder and then type
cd <Folder name you find>
and then continue with steps in the above post.
  • Like 2

Working fine for me, thanks

i have a real big unknown problem!

I just stuck in loading phase when first vmware virtual start and boot from sata cd dvd that i set zone.iso to it

it stuck in the loading bar that just show load bar and apple white arm above it without any other things to shown

it consume man cpu and tried for 30 min to maybe get to the middle of bar and stuck there for minutes...

the issue for me is my backbround image dont show up right host is amd  pc 16 gig of ram guest os using 4  follow the guide and had the graphicsenabler=No i have a pny card ati 260

This did the trick for me. I have been trying to figure out a way to run the OS on Virtual Box with Intel-Processor. By the way if there are folks who are not aware of using Unix commands and if you get an error using
cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/
It is because the last six alphabets could be different. I would recommend try:
cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts
ls <= This will list the files and folders and look for "Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xxxxxx" folder and then type
cd <Folder name you find>
and then continue with steps in the above post.

cass67 + rixse did it form.

The mounting part just means you have to type the proposed /sbin/ commands that return after you executed the inital commands. 

Currently trying to update it - see what happens then.

Fixed:  Had to pick hd(0,2) <yourpartitionname>

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem like you guys however the solution does not work.

I did...

boot -s -v

cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/

...but that path does not exist.  I followed the mount command as show on screen and the only error I got was it was write protected.  ls -a does not show any such folder.

Fixed:  Had to pick hd(0,2) <yourpartitionname>

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem like you guys however the solution does not work.

I did...

boot -s -v

cd /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/

...but that path does not exist.  I followed the mount command as show on screen and the only error I got was it was write protected.  ls -a does not show any such folder.

Eject installer CD and boot into hard disk. you can't make changes into CD volume :)

i'm having this problem as well.  I've done a few reinstalls and i can only ever get it through the install if i put it in to safe mode, however it will not boot at all unless its in safe mode as well.

intel i5-2410M 2.30GHZ

7.7gb ram

using only the intel 2g graphics running on linux mint 17

used this tutorial : http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/01/virtualbox-yosemite-zone.html

Guys I worked this out. It was tricky and lot of the posts above didn't go into enough detail. I hope this helps someone as it was driving me nuts!

When you first boot into Hackintosh Zone OSX Installer go to Terminal and cp boot*, amd* and Base* and any other kernels to /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" from /Volumes/Image Volume

Then most importantly make this volume bootable by using

bless --mount /Volumes/"name of your startup disk" --setBoot

Now continue the installation process with OSX Installer as normal until you get stuck on Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/

Now reset the VM and then boot into single user mode from Chameleon boot screen. For example I booted with:

/amd1 -x -s -v

Then when booted I followed the MOTD and executed below commands to make the volume writeable:

fsck –fy

mount –uw /

Then go to folder where the script got stuck

And execute

./postinstall

When done

shutdown -r now

In Chameleon bootloader just boot up normally now. For example:

/amd1

And continue the installation process.

Thanks, this works for me!!!

- For Intel based PC -

(Personnal walkthrough) based on :

- http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/01/virtualbox-yosemite-zone.html

- posts from this Thread

I was only able to load OSX-Yosemite in safe mode.

I may need to look into how make it work normally later.

Good luck to everyone ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Create VM in VirtualBox like tutorial

Open PC Command Prompt
cd "C:Program FilesOracleVirtualbox"
VBoxManage modifyvm OSX-Yosemite --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff

Unlike tutorial  - Disable Network until the very end.

Boot VM
Press F8 for Options
Select ISO
type -x -v  then press Enter (safe mode install + Verbose)

--You now enter OSX Installer from ISO

Disk Utility >
    Select disk & Erase

Terminal >
    bless --mount /Volumes/Untitled/ --setBoot
("Untitled" = "name of your startup disk")

Customize Drivers (remove Audio & network)

Install on "Untitled"
(It will install till the end, but will Error after the automatic restart)
VirutalBox > Machine > Close... > Power Off the machine

Boot VM
Press F8 for Options
Select Disk (Untitled)

--You now enter OSX Installer from Disk
Create User
uncheck set time based on current location

--You now enter Desktop

If you freeze at desktop loading (infinite spining):
{

VirutalBox > Machine > Close... > Power Off the machine

Boot VM
Press F8 for Options
Select Disk (Untitled)
type -s -v  then press Enter (Single User Mode + Verbose)
fsck –fy
mount –uw /

Boot VM
Press F8 for Options
Select Disk (Untitled)

Login User
--You now enter Desktop
}

Let the installation complete

Shutdown

Enable Network - Bridged Adapter

Remove ISO from CD/Drive

-------------------------------------------------

I need to look into fixes that I finally didn't use :

Boot VM
Press F8 for Options
Select Disk (Untitled)
type -s -v  then press Enter (Single User Mode + Verbose)
fsck –fy
mount –uw /

/.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD/postinstall

Thanks everyone !

I have the same results as Joel.  I can get niresh's 10.10.1 to come up only in safe mode.

Configured virtualbox v4.3.12 running under linux w/ 2cpu's, 4gb ram. 

cpu i7-3770, graphics Radeon HD 7500 series.

Tried some suggestions in Guide - Most Common Problems with Hackintosh's with no luck.

Mountain Lion works fine on my machine.

Success.... finally. 

I changed VirtualMachineName.vdi key for cpuidleaf to settings mentioned by several people at Macbreaker.com.  I don't know if that helped or not but it didn't work.  The VM still has those modified settings.

What did it for me was I changed VM from 2 cpu's to 1 cpu.

This allowed me to boot without using safe mode.

Haven't figured out sound yet, and I never figured out sound for my Mountain Lion VM either so I guess I'll live without it.

The Mountain Lion VM runs fine on 2 cpu's but Yosemite needs to be 1 on my 8 core Intel Sandy Bridge.

I am also having the same problem. I am able to boot with -x -v option (safe mode), but never able to boot normally. It is either hangs at "Hackintosh" boot with 40-50% progress or login page after entering the password. Is there any fix for this? 

thanks

A few days ago I posted that I had success changing cpu from 2 -> 1.  This proved out to be incorrect.  After days of reading many posts at many sites I found good results, not sure if it will prove true over time.

My system is Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770 core (many posts here are AMD specific) and using ATI Radeon 7570 video rather than built in video.  Running in VirtualBox v4.3.12.

Booting -v showed me that I was having a problem with Bluetooth Controller Transport and that pointed (counter intuitively) to graphic .kext issues.

Booted -s -v and at commandline ran grafix to move graphics .kext to a backup directory.  So far this has reduced my hangs but still happens sometimes.  The Radeon could be making all this difficult.  Also am using hdmi interface between computer and screen and I've read that this may also cause problems.

Trying 2 cpu's reduced my video response, I find 1 cpu better.

In Chameleon I changed chipset in smbios tab to try to find a better matching cpu.  Still experimenting.

Now have a problem with attaching usb drive.  Locks the system.  Currently researching possible solutions, including using Chameleon to apply various usb fixes.

Using -v to boot and then googling for the problem areas has helped to narrow my troubleshooting.

FWIW...

I found a tutorial that shows how to install Yosemite on PC.

I finally could get Yosemite open in Normal Mode (instead of safe mode)

Very well done :)

Hi!
I have an ASUS ROG G751jy WITH 4170HQ and Nvidia 980m.
I fix the problem with this on Virtualbox:
VBoxManage modifyvm "name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff
cpus=1 or 2 (not so different), npci=0x2000 (maybe 0x3000), -v, IGMEnabler=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and when Ive to choose the kexts I choose many of them such Nvidia and Intel.

I got stuck at 2 min left, then I tried this:
http://www.cloudnetwork.in/2015/03/solution-for-2-minutes-left-problem-on-mac-os-x-yosemite.html

Yeah!

When try to run:

mount -wu / 

Error : disk in write locked

Help!