Sign in to follow this  
Defman

Reboot after trying to boot OSX

thank you! I got confused with the fact that toxicFTW was having issues with the PCI configuration

A lot of guys has some issues with PCI configuration begin so why you confused?

Tried everything, still zero success. It just goes black, no matter with what i try to boot, nothing useful information from -v. Hopefully i'll see a solution for it somewhere.

Did you install graphics patches? If yes, try to run Hackintosh with -s flag and type grafix replace all to restore graphics kexts.

Tried everything, still zero success. It just goes black, no matter with what i try to boot, nothing useful information from -v. Hopefully i'll see a solution for it somewhere.

i assume that you type it wrong. what u did is :

cp -/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Should be :

cp -f /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Maybe that make cus your problem.

A lot of guys has some issues with PCI configuration begin so why you confused?

I thought he was re-installing it, and that's why he encountered this issue, anyway the confusion is all clear now. 

Thank you once again

Help please i have this error and i don't know solve it

ls /Volumes

.Trashes                                  OS X Base System

Image Volume                         macypc

-bash-3.2# cp -f/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel

-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Image/Volume/amd: No such file or directory

Sorry for my english i am spanish

Thanks

Help please i have this error and i don't know solve it

ls /Volumes

.Trashes                                  OS X Base System

Image Volume                         macypc

-bash-3.2# cp -f/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel

-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Image/Volume/amd: No such file or directory

Sorry for my english i am spanish

Thanks

stop copying the same exact commands you found. if you have intel cpu use /haswell if amd use /amd.

follow this and read.

cp -f /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/amd(amd)/haswell(intel) /Volumes/"YOUR YOSEMITE PARTITION NAME"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

hi all was facing the issue where the system just restarted while booting yosemite , so solved this by the process here

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/amd64 /Volumes/"yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf /Volumes/"yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"yosemite"

the process was completed and system booted fine from usb but when i remove usb to boot directly -v mode says system halted due to kernel specific issue ...what I am doing wrong.

tried 3 times booting with usb its booting fine but not without usb have evenn tried to copy the amd64 kernel from my maverick install to yosemite location system/library/kernels/kernel   renaming the amd64kernel to kernel but still no go

instaled ok, when i boot with -v get this error

error failed to load kext com.insanelymac.realtek rtl8111

I get same error but it not crashes my booting. Just re-install this kext by Kext Wizard (use new kext for Realtek RTL8111) or install All in One Ethernet Solution