Defman

Reboot after trying to boot OSX

I tried to combine a lot of flags and nothing works (-f, -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=no, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1). It's just rebooted after reading kexts...

Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990XA-UD3

CPU: AMD FX8350 4.0GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon 280X 3GB

Ram:  8GB
Also Installer was worked in 10-15FPS...

Same Problem

CPU FX6100

GPU GTX580 / HD4850

16GB Ram

@Fernando Müller @Defman what are the kernels that you both have used

For installing I use /amdfx kernel

Die install /amdfx

Renoir failed

Thema i tried bsa rev2 from bronya nur failed to Start too

Same problem :/

mb: 970A-DS3P

CPU: FX8320
VGA: HD7770
RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz

Did somebody try to install Yosemite on FX processors with /amd, /amd1, /amd2, /amd32 or /amd64 kernels?

I have the same problem and i did have it with r2 amd kernel (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/335-amd-kernel-yosemite-10100-bsa-10100-rc2/)..
just rebooting and its all with different flags

my pc is:
amd phenom ii x2 b55 (555) overclocked to x4

inno 3d gt440 1gb ddr5
asrock m3a770de
4gb ddr3

upd: i'm use amd64 kernel for installation

Same here

fx 6300

r9 270x

m5a78lmxbr

8gb ram

320 gb hd

i think its kernels problem

I can cut a frame from the video that I was taken before restart.
At the end it said "No SMBIOS replacement found"

post-140959-0-44171500-1417383144_thumb.

got instant reboot after instalation also when using installation usb stick to boot

if i use chamaleon from mavericks installed i got "mach_kernel" not found

I tried both the amd and r2 kernel.

Same issue.

alguien tiene alguna solucion para hp ya q pude intalar marveric cpus=1 pero yosemite no me aranca

Samething happened. PC reboot right after press Enter.

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6670

MOBO : ASUS A Series (A55 i guess)

CPU : AMD A8

SATA : AHCI

PCIRootUID=0/1 not working

GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No nw

IGPEnabler=Yes/No nw

npci=0x2000/3000 nw

Graphics mode = ****x***x** nw

Backup all gpu kext = nw

-v -x -s nw

EDIT : saw this update by Niresh. but seems i so noob. my cpu is AMD A8 5600k chip. which is not haswell microarchitecture. what name should i add in code

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volumes"/haswell <---

Screenshot_from_2014_12_01_20_53_13.png

• Like 1

just add amd64 there....i had the same problem....when installation ends and the auto countdown timet for restart begins immediately select terminal frm the context menu...and type them...dnt change "image volume"...jst the one for ur drive name in quotes and the kernel name...fr me it was amd64...fr u also its amd64...and dnt frget to disable C1E in advanced cpu options if u have them.

• Like 1

No luck here also. Tried many boot flags. :(

just add amd64 there....i had the same problem....when installation ends and the auto countdown timet for restart begins immediately select terminal frm the context menu...and type them...dnt change "image volume"...jst the one for ur drive name in quotes and the kernel name...fr me it was amd64...fr u also its amd64...and dnt frget to disable C1E in advanced cpu options if u have them.

thanks arny. may i know your cpu?

how about the code : /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel <-- what kernel should we add here.

EDIT : nevermind i think i figured it out. correct me if im wrong.

My installation volume : Mac

Kernel : amd64

cp -f /Volumes/"Mac"/amd64    /Volumes/"Mac"/System/Library/Kernels/amd64 <-- is that right?

Here is a solution
First you must run Hackintosh installer and run a terminal from it.
Next:

cd to /Volumes/ (for me: cd ../../../../Volumes ("../" can be more or less, just run "ls" after changing current dir to check is there "Volumes/" folder)
cp -f Yosemite Installer(your usb drive)/amdfx(or amd, amd64, amd32) Mac(where you install Hackintosh)/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf Mac/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u Mac

I test it now and this works.

• Like 1

@Defman This is complicated for me lol, can you just write that what i exactly need to type? Tried like 50 ways, still not solved. Niresh updated the article,  it says that:

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/haswell /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf /Volumes/"Mac OS"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"Mac OS"

I used "/amd" for installation, and OS X Yosemite is the name of the formated SSD, so in my case i need to type that?

cp -/Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm 
-rf /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -/Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"

Or what, i tried like every possible way, except yours, since i can't figure out what to type.

cp -f /Volumes/"Your USB Drive"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"

Something like it.

Can you type "ls /Volumes/" and post output here?

One second, and i will do it. Also, what "Your USB Drive" means? "Yosemite Zone" (the name of the USB, at least what windows says for it) or "E:" or what?

ls /Volumes/ :

.Trashes OS X Base System

Image Volume OS X Yosemite

It says

/Volumes/Yosemite Zone/amd: No such file or directory

Image Volume OS X Yosemite

If it's a:

• Image Volume
  • OS X Yosemite

Try this:

cp -f /Volumes/Image Volume/amd /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm -rf  /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u  /Volumes/OS X Yosemite/

Ey guys. If you have a volume which has a space in the name like Mac Os you have to use "" in the code. Also you dont have to use your usb name, but use "Image Volume". It worked for me. Sorry for my terrible english

• Like 2

Ey guys. If you have a volume which has a space in the name like Mac Os you have to use "" in the code.

Or you can type "Mac" and press Tab to auto-complete name of the volume. (e.g If there are "Mac OS" and "Mac OSX another" and you want to auto-complete "Mac OSX another" - just press Tab 2 times and etc.).

Ey guys. If you have a volume which has a space in the name like Mac Os you have to use "" in the code. Also you dont have to use your usb name, but use "Image Volume". It worked for me. Sorry for my terrible english

Thank you sharing this.

I did that cause "" wasn't working on my keyboard, cause it quits:

cp -/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm 
-rf  /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -/Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/

Now it doesn't reboots instantly, just give me a black screen after like 2 mins.

Now it doesn't reboots instantly, just give me a black screen after like 2 mins.

Try "GraphicsEnabler=no".

So, what i need to type then correctly? I know it needs " if there is space in the name, i did like that. Now when i start Yosemite it give me a grey screen with Hackintosh Zone and a progress bar, but it doesn't moves. And everything goes black after some minutes.

Okay, will try that, one minute.

So, what i need to type then correctly? I know it needs " if there is space in the name, i did like that. Now when i start Yosemite it give me a grey screen with Hackintosh Zone and a progress bar, but it doesn't moves. And everything goes black after some minutes.

Boot with -v flag to find a problem!

-v works in that bootloader or what too? "GraphicsEnabler=no" wasn't worked, now tryin with the -v to see what the problem is. Btw., the monitor says "Out of Range", never happened in Mavericks.

-v works in that bootloader or what too? "GraphicsEnabler=no" wasn't worked, now tryin with the -v to see what the problem is. Btw., the monitor says "Out of Range", never happened in Mavericks.

-v must works everywhere.

What is your monitor resolution and max range? (60Hz, 70Hz, etc.)

Try to "Graphics Mode"=800x600x32 or another resolutions.

The PCI configuration is the last thing it says, so i will boot with that npci=0x2000 thing here too, right? Used it for the installer too.

The PCI configuration is the last thing it says, so i will boot with that npci=0x2000 thing here too, right? Used it for the installer too.

Yes, or with npci=0x3000.

when do we have to write this in the terminal? before or after the installation has been completed?

@ of course after installation (because you can't get access to Yosemite Hackintosh until you install it, lol).

thank you! I got confused with the fact that toxicFTW was having issues with the PCI configuration

thank you! I got confused with the fact that toxicFTW was having issues with the PCI configuration

A lot of guys has some issues with PCI configuration begin so why you confused?

Tried everything, still zero success. It just goes black, no matter with what i try to boot, nothing useful information from -v. Hopefully i'll see a solution for it somewhere.

Did you install graphics patches? If yes, try to run Hackintosh with -s flag and type grafix replace all to restore graphics kexts.

Tried everything, still zero success. It just goes black, no matter with what i try to boot, nothing useful information from -v. Hopefully i'll see a solution for it somewhere.

i assume that you type it wrong. what u did is :

cp -/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Should be :

cp -f /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Maybe that make cus your problem.

A lot of guys has some issues with PCI configuration begin so why you confused?

I thought he was re-installing it, and that's why he encountered this issue, anyway the confusion is all clear now. 

Thank you once again

I tried using terminal. Things went good there... But now i wants to know which bootloader to run after restart

Help please i have this error and i don't know solve it

ls /Volumes

.Trashes                                  OS X Base System

Image Volume                         macypc

-bash-3.2# cp -f/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel

-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Image/Volume/amd: No such file or directory

Sorry for my english i am spanish

Thanks

Help please i have this error and i don't know solve it

ls /Volumes

.Trashes                                  OS X Base System

Image Volume                         macypc

-bash-3.2# cp -f/Volumes/Image/Volume/amd /Volumes/"OS X Yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/Kernel

-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Image/Volume/amd: No such file or directory

Sorry for my english i am spanish

Thanks

stop copying the same exact commands you found. if you have intel cpu use /haswell if amd use /amd.

follow this and read.

cp -f /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/amd(amd)/haswell(intel) /Volumes/"YOUR YOSEMITE PARTITION NAME"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

cp-f /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/amd /Volumes/"macypc"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

I have and, same error

Type

ls /Volumes/"Images Volumes"/

and post it here...

solved, thanks

instaled ok, when i boot with -v get this error

error failed to load kext com.insanelymac.realtek rtl8111

hi all was facing the issue where the system just restarted while booting yosemite , so solved this by the process here

cp -f /Volumes/"Image Volume"/amd64 /Volumes/"yosemite"/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
rm
-rf /Volumes/"yosemite"/System/Library/Caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"yosemite"

the process was completed and system booted fine from usb but when i remove usb to boot directly -v mode says system halted due to kernel specific issue ...what I am doing wrong.

tried 3 times booting with usb its booting fine but not without usb have evenn tried to copy the amd64 kernel from my maverick install to yosemite location system/library/kernels/kernel   renaming the amd64kernel to kernel but still no go

instaled ok, when i boot with -v get this error

error failed to load kext com.insanelymac.realtek rtl8111

I get same error but it not crashes my booting. Just re-install this kext by Kext Wizard (use new kext for Realtek RTL8111) or install All in One Ethernet Solution