test_mt2014

Installation Hangs - Acer E1-470P

Notes to Admin: i accidently posted in OS support forum. since no one replied and i later realized i posted in wrong section i am posting again. request you to kindly delete the thread from the other forum.

Hi

I have a Acer E1-470P.

It is a i3-3217U , 4GB RAm, intel 4000 display . This is a third generation CPU however i have still set the CPU id in virtualbox.

i have tried various combinations including but not limited to

-x

-v (always)

npci=0x2000

npci=0x3000

USBBusFix=yes

CPUs=1

etc etc etc

however my installation over virtual box (windows 8.1 host), version 4.3.18  for "Niresh-OSX-10.8.5"

gets hung at

post-114473-0-87480000-1413880386_thumb.

Given the VM the following resources 50MB for graphics and 20GB for OS and 2GB RAM

I have also tried mounting and removing the ktexts for display by creating "intel_back" etc etc

I have not tried USB Boot method but since i am mounting the CD to VM not sure if that would be benificial..

I have also tried solutions mentioned for cashe issue, FakeSMC etc etc ... my bios does not have setting for virtualization and i have tried playing VT-X, 3D acceleration, network enable / disabled , hardware clock in UTC time etc setting in virtual box but no avail.

These issues are being faced during initial installation only. i have not been that lucky to try by first boot post installation :-(

Anyhelp to resolve this would be quite helpful.