Question

Hello,

I am trying to install Mac OS Maverick on my PC. These are the specs:

Processor Amd FX 8150 3.6 GHz.
RAM 8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth 990FX.
Video Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560 Ti1GB DDR5
HDD1 Seagate Barracuda 2 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s
HDD2 OCZ 120GB Agility 3 Series Solid State Drive (SSD) Disk for the mavericks installation
HDD3 Samsung 840 Series 250 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) 

When I set the boot flags amdfx -v and -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, the system is freezes in the load process for start the installation process. I attached a screenshots in the point in that the system load is freezes.

I hope can you help me, and thank you very much for the help; and the work done.

If you need more information please let me know.

PD: Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards,
Leonardo Monge.

post-4994-0-33135800-1388189903_thumb.jp

post-4994-0-24493100-1388190265_thumb.jp

10 answers to this question

Your can try with boot flags arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 or 0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes  -x  -v

try by using other kernels

Bronzovka's 10.9.0 mach_kernel_ AMD RC2 or  AMD 10.9.x BRONYA release version 7

Haneef KT

Your can try with boot flags arch=x86_64 npci=0x2000 or 0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 or 0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes  -x  -v

try by using other kernels

Bronzovka's 10.9.0 mach_kernel_ AMD RC2 or  AMD 10.9.x BRONYA release version 7

Haneef KT

Hello Haneef KT,

thanks for the response, I followed your advice, but the error persists.

Reading the output, I note that the error is thrown by IOHDIXController::createDriveKernel returning error 0x6e.

I do not know if is a hdd controller error o something else, in the bios the AHCI is enable for all the SATA ports and the HPET is enabled. The hard drive requires a specific format before the installation? or you can say me which may be the problem?

I hope you or someone else can help me.

Best regards,

Leonardo Monge.

Hello there! i got the same problem like you leomongeg, I got SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 - Asus with AMD FX 8350 8 core x4.0 8GB DDR3 Corsair xms3 . You can try "Niresh12495-Lion-10.7.3-V2" on this motherboard is working everything onboard sound onboard lan all sata (sata hdd is show like external hdd i think you need to install something from installation step).Just give a try to that Lion distro.When you try to install put your hdd and dvd rom on that 2 white sata soket.Or use trans mac to restore to a usb.it worked for me with dvd . i got Lion on pc right now. When you try to boot use this command "Kernel Cache"=amd arch=i386 or "Kernel Cache"=amd arch=i386 -v Don't Forgot to Select arch=i386 32 bit Package Under Chameleon Boot Commands.

I hope I was helpful. waiting for your opinion

Thank you Niresh .

• Like 1

there are 3 kernels try them

amd -v

amdfx -v

amd64 -v

and try to add cpus=1 to all flags

I have an AMD FX 8150 / 7970 rig on a Sabertooth 990FX Rev 1.0.

Use Niresh12495 release 10.9.0 Mavericks.

Set Bios to default settings, AHCI should be on the hard drives by default.

To boot you need to use amdfx that is the only flag needed
As long as you see an apple logo with the progress circle spinning and a movable mouse cursor in 30 seconds you will arrive at the install screen.

you need these flags enabled to boot to the OS, default settings including npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no -f

Hi I'm new here :)

I'm not familiar with Mac OS so I wanted to get it know by installing on VirtualBox 4.3.10. But installer doesn't start. Moment of stuck is on attached screens. I tried Niresh-OSX-10.8.5 and Niresh-OSX-10.9-Mavericks. I think that 10.8 goes further than 10.9, because in 10.8 i can see moveable rainbow cursor, but it doesn't go any further (I waited 45 minutes so I'm pretty sure that it's freezed).

I've got the same CPU as mentioned above (AMD FX-8150), rest of hardware is virtual.

Virtual machine options that are relevant in my opinion, and they are set:
EFI: Disabled
SATA controller type: AHCI
I/O APIC: Enabled
Chipset: ICH9
PAE: Enabled
RAM for virtual machine 4096MB
RAM for virtual graphics card: 128MB
3D acceleration: Enabled
CPU cores for virtual machine: 2
HDD: 1TB formatted by gparted in HFS+

I tried to start with:
amdfx -v
amdfx ncpi=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no -f -v
amdfx ncpi=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no -f -v
amdfx ncpi=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=no -f -v

GraphicsEnabler=yes -> VirtualBox crash

What else can I change?

Screens of freeze moments:

10.8:

http://static.pokazywarka.pl/bigImages/2924928/11451727.jpg?1399660240

10.9:

http://static.pokazywarka.pl/bigImages/2924928/11451723.jpg?1399660240

Hi I'm new here :)

I'm not familiar with Mac OS so I wanted to get it know by installing on VirtualBox 4.3.10. I used Niresh-OSX-10.8.5.iso.

I've got the same CPU as mentioned above (AMD FX-8150), rest of hardware is virtual.

Virtual machine options that are relevant in my opinion, and they are set:

Guest operating system set to Widows 7 64-bit <- yes this is not a mistake: if you set Mavericks as a guest, then VirtualBox emulates improper SMC, when you set Win 7 x64, then Niresh distribution loads itself proper SMC.
EFI: Disabled
SATA controller type: AHCI
I/O APIC: Enabled
Chipset: ICH9
PAE: Enabled
RAM for virtual machine 4096MB
RAM for virtual graphics card: 256MB
3D acceleration: Enabled
CPU cores for virtual machine: 4
HDD: 1TB formatted by gparted in HFS+

Installer starts with: amdfx -v

GraphicsEnabler=yes -> VirtualBox crash

Have fun :)

@jacek zuber Your Images not found 

@ please help me to slove my problem :(post

Hello, the step for fix this problem,,,

\amdfx GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 EHCIacquire=Yes ncpi=0x3000 ForceHPET=Yes USBBusFix=Yes -v

Good Luck :rock: