Sign in to follow this  
Gerhard Botha

HP Laptop Support ?

@ I've just rebooted without any flags, just used -v and still no sound, ive checked System Preference and it shows nou input / output devices and also if i click on voodooHDA it says : No VoodooHDA devices detected.

@ i've tried that here is that section of the kext file :

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x04030000&amp;0xffff0000</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x8c148086</string>

maybe i've missed something ?

System Info Shows me 2 Audio Devices

1: Lynx Point HD Audio Controller : 

Ven ID : 8086

Dev ID : 8c20

and 2 : Haswell HD Audio Controller : 

Ven ID: 8086
Dev ID: 0c0c

Which one should i enter in the kext file ?

@ I've tried both mine now as well as yours it has no effect ,i restart and boot with flags : -v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=11 

Could it be boot flag related ? also i don't get kernel panic with voodooHDA file in, i'm not sure if it reloads all the kext files ? is there a way to force it to reload the kext files ? or is it done by default

@ I've just updated System Info and now i get this Audio Device :

8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller :

8086 / 8c20

Funny enough et also picks up my Graphics Card :

GK208M [Geforce GT 740M] : 10de / 1292

But still no sound... :(

@ Great news i got sound working, i moved the kext to my desktop, restarted with no kext then used kext wizzard to add it and cleared cache and permisions. restart and working like a boss! now it's just the bootloader issue getting Error 0 :(

@5pArxz https://www.hackintoshzone.com/page/osx86.html/hackintosh/articles/how-to/how-to-fix-the-boot0-error-for-your-hackintosh-r25

try to fix with this guide, reminded that the first solution, disk0s2 should be your mac drive, check with diskutil list, after you successfully install the chameleon, i will help you to do something in order not to enter the boot flag every time you boot.

@ Thanks for all the help so far, i've managed to get to boot without any boot flags :) by editing chameleon plist or whatever in Extras folder so all my bootflags are in there now so i can now boot just by pressing Return which is great. let me check the guide and hope i can get it working to boot without installer.

@ i have the RT3290 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe but i did some googling around and it seem like there is no support for the RT3290 Wireless card :( maybe you know of something ? but that would be the final fix then everything works ;) Else i will go buy a usb wireless if you can suggest one ?

@5pArxz i can't find a solution for that too, so sorry. i bought a usb wifi as mine intel wifi are not working too. mine wifi USB is D-Link DWA-182. it is an AC 1200 usb3.0.