coolx72

High Sierra at Lenovo G50-30 N2830 (2.16 GHz 1600MHz 1MB)

coolx72

Hello all,
This is my first post and I hope to contribute with what I can to this forum.
I'm not an expertise, really too far from that, anyway I try to bother the less as I can.

I was reading a lot of transform laptops in Hackintosh? Why I'm doing this? I'm an Mac user and my main problem is that with Catalina I can not use Excel 2013 and at 2016 vs my macros, where I run a amateur soccer league (creating folders and send emails), are not compatible.

So I got interested by this once I have a stopped laptop.

I red a lot and I found a lot of information.

I saw a lot of posts saying that was not possible to install the MOJAVE. But what about High Sierra or an older one?

I tried to install Mojave, and I could not even start the installation, so I thought that an older version could be easy. 

I tried the High Sierra and I manage to do the total installation but I have to do start always with the USB pen inserted, and after Mac logos appear and do the start, it goes to a screen where appears to insert user and password. But at BIOS it's not defined, it's clear. I tried with older hyphotesis, with no luck at all.

I guess that all should be very busy and maybe this is a subject not interesting and not actual. Anyway if somebody could help, I would appreciate very much.

Thank you in advance.

KR,

coolx72
7 minutes ago, coolx72 said:

Hello all,
This is my first post and I hope to contribute with what I can to this forum.
I'm not an expertise, really too far from that, anyway I try to bother the less as I can.

I was reading a lot of transform laptops in Hackintosh? Why I'm doing this? I'm an Mac user and my main problem is that with Catalina I can not use Excel 2013 and at 2016 vs my macros, where I run a amateur soccer league (creating folders and send emails), are not compatible.

So I got interested by this once I have a stopped laptop.

I red a lot and I found a lot of information.

I saw a lot of posts saying that was not possible to install the MOJAVE. But what about High Sierra or an older one?

I tried to install Mojave, and I could not even start the installation, so I thought that an older version could be easy. 

I tried the High Sierra and I manage to do the total installation but I have to do start always with the USB pen inserted, and after Mac logos appear and do the start, it goes to a screen where appears to insert user and password. But at BIOS it's not defined, it's clear. I tried with older hyphotesis, with no luck at all.

I guess that all should be very busy and maybe this is a subject not interesting and not actual. Anyway if somebody could help, I would appreciate very much.

Thank you in advance.

KR,

I found finally the user: root and password: niresh.
And started installing doing the setup. Let see

coolx72

Hello again,
I manage to complete the installation, but I have 2 issues (for now):

1st - it does not boot from the harddisk only from USB;
2nd - some times does the boot correct, but all the time I do a restart from the Mac it blocks but then I do a force shutdown and opens correctly;
- it does not have sound neither internet from Wifi. The LAN works just fine.

Thank you once again.