Disable ADBlock Extension If you have.
Mandeep Kumar

Graphics Intel HD 4000 ASUS X501A with Clover Bootloader

Question

Hi,

ASUS X501A with Clover Bootloader installed getting kernel panic before start, along with apple logo display.(probably i goofed up on config.plist)

i tried following guides available, i was able to install clover and add it to menu's...not much experienced with hackintosh.

Below are the results i could get with the help of the guides...

However,  with Install USB 10.9 (clover) i can boot, again different results...

1) Boot Args "-x -v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

HDMI out shows 1080p (as i like it...)

2) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

HDMI out shows Error....

"GPU Hang

Trying Restart GPU...

Main RING is NOT waiting on an Event"

3) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

LAPTOP Display shows NOTHING.....Display is out, nothing on screen... :-(

4) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "UN-INJECT Intel HD 4000 "

LAPTOP and HDMI Display shows very low resolution.....Screen icons and menu's are huge in size... :-(

I simply wish to have the Graphics working on laptop itself in the best resolution(no screen flickering). Didn't want to confuse anyone, all 4 observations mentioned above are to just clarify where i stand, after i invested weeks.

At least if some one can tell how can i copy Installer USB ALL EFI Clover Content to installed Mavericks Drive EFI Clover Content..(just tired of keeping this installer usb plugged in)

Could some one please help/suggest...thanks in advance.

23 answers to this question

Deepak,

i'm afraid this didn't help...with -x i can get on and without -x it just doesn't take me to login screen even.

yes, if i enter Fake ID in clover>Graphic Injection Menus>0x01660003....without any clover switches i can boot to normal mode but only 1024x768...which lags.

Even tried fresh install, no new results...always stuck with same issue no matter what.

would the update thing help...or any other suggestions.

i have same problem, any suggestions?

I had the same problem using Clover, but when using Chameleon seems like the problem solved using caprifb=3, but the problem is I can use chameleon bootloader only when using mbr. using GPT can't boot w/o usb installer and seems like I can't install my windows on mbar partition.