OhMyMac

Installer issue

Okay so I got approximatively the same problem as here: https://www.hackintoshzone.com/topic/2077-cant-boot-usb-mavericks-installer/

So I have this HP 15-e036sf with a AMD A4-5000 APU, my motherboard does not support AHCI, too.

But, I'd like to install Mavericks in dual boot with the Windows 8 the laptop came in.

I partitionned the HDD and created a Mavericks usb with Win32 Disk Imager.

Then, the problems came, when I wanted to boot from the usb stick, it would detect it correctly and all that stuff, but the installer just refuses to load.

I tried starting it with -v and it gave me command lines that scrolled too fast to see what it said and then, simply restarted.

Even if I try to start it normally, it simply restarts.

Is it a problem from my processor (As I saw in the pinned topic) or my usb that was not correctly made?

Guest InfamousSynergy

It HAS to be AHCI. End of.   Sorry but if you can't find a way to run AHCI (Or run an older OS X version such as 10.6/7) then it's a near impossible task

I heard from many sites that Niresh support non-ahci drives, that why i chose it.

Also found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290644-installing-os-x-on-non-ahci-drive-laptop/

Can this work with Mavericks?

I tried also to boot with the command amd -v oramd -x GraphicsEnabler=No

And I get this:

1401008540-cam00280.jpg

Edit: 

(Or run an older OS X version such as 10.6/7)

So you're telling me that I can install Lion without AHCI?

Guest InfamousSynergy

Try lion as worst case. I dont think the first few mac books had AHCI and they ran 10.6 and 10.7...    Try "cpus=1"

• Like 1

Okay, i'll try Lion, thanks for the answer.

There is a special way to update from Lion to Mountain Lion afterwards?

Guest InfamousSynergy

Well, on a real mac, via the app store but on a hackintosh, it would be a re-install job

Ok, anyway i'll stick with Lion. Also found these kexts (for Mountain Lion) that made non-ahci drives compatible with ML. Do you think these will work with Lion?

Here's the link: http://www.osx86.net/topic/14336-ip35-e-no-ahci-with-mountain-lion/

<hy, to get mavericks you have to be on AHCI other way, i don't think you can do anything,,maybe you get lion or leopard, as someone sad before,,

Guest InfamousSynergy

Hmmm, they might work. In your case, I would stick with the absolute earliest version that will do what you want/need (Don't dip below 10.6.8)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Contribute

This is a free website, We'll try to keep it that way, Your donations and disabling Adblock makes this site going on, Thanks for understanding.

$22.30 of $200.00 goal reached.
    Donate Now
  • Download Hackintosh

• Has anyone managed to run the atheros 9485 run on Mojave? I even managed to make him recognize, but he can not find any network.
    • Hello everyone  I have installed High Sierra and updated to 10.13.6 before installing nVidea web drivers. After everything was installed (Kexts and the driver) everything booted fine. Graphics worked perfectly. My onboard USB did not work but I have some generic NEC USB 2.0 card that works fine. After a reboot later in the day, I had a weird kernel panic. It spit out strings no longer than 30 charters and then proceeded to reboot. I have not seen this type of panic . This happened when using the onboard USB 3.0 controller but was fixed by removing the device. But now I'm not sure what caused this. I have reinstalled about 15 times already. Here are my specs: ASUS B150 Plus D3 Intel Pentium G4400 ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 2GB WD Blue 500GB HDD 8GB Ram Some generic wireless card (That works) Thanks -T
    • did you know the RX580 sapphire works out of the box to get it to work just let the pc go to sleep and thin wake it up make sure all monitors are hooked  up before you boot up the system. let me know how it works for you. here is the specs of my machine    HP Z800 2 x 3.07 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Radeon RX 580 8192 MB 2 monitors and a 60 inch samsung uhd tv   thank you all for reading my post I have ben working in apple products for years and hackintosh from the beginning .
    • (MAC & PC) macOS Multi Boot USB Project [KEAL-kealOS’es] – Kemal ALKIN – RAW Image   Support – Apple Macintosh | PC (CLOVER Bootloader/Önyükleyicisi UEFI & Legacy BIOS) – Destekler. SSD NVME & SSD TRIM Desteği / Support : CLOVER | Apple Macintosh (SSD Trim Terminal.app Command: “sudo trimforce enable“) (Kernel & Prelinkedkernel) AMD / Ryzen CPU (İşlemci) | Intel CPU (İşlemci) Native/Doğal Destekler – Support macOS versions/sürümleri: (MBR: Master Boot Record – GPT: Guid Partition Table) Mavericks 10.9.5 – MBR & GPT (AMD/Ryzen + Intel Native) Yosemite 10.10.5 – MBR & GPT (AMD/Ryzen + Intel Native) EL Capitan 10.11.6 – MBR & GPT (AMD/Ryzen + Intel Native) Sierra 10.12.6 – MBR & GPT (AMD/Ryzen + Intel Native) High Sierra 10.3.3 – GPT (Stable AMD/Ryzen + Intel Native) High Sierra 10.13.6 – GPT (AMD/Ryzen Test + Intel Native) Mojave 10.14.1 – GPT (Intel Native)   Needs/Gerekenler: 64GB/64GB+ USB | 7-Zip/WinRAR | Win32DiskImager/Transmac   Download / İndir : GoogleDrive  
    • @Niresh - any chance you can help?
  • Download Statistics

• Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

Latest File
    By Niresh

163    2