Elia99Best

osinstall postscript pkg error

Elia99Best

Hello everyone! I have a problem installing Niresh Catalina on my laptop. I've followed the guide on this website and I've managed to get to the macOS installer (only when I add the boot arg "-x" in clover). However during the installation I always get an error (OSINSTALL.POSTSCRIPT.PKG) and I don't know how to fix that.
Some specs of my laptop(HP Pavilion G6):
-i7 3632QM CPU (with HD 4000 graphics)
-AMD Radeon HD 7670M dedicated graphics
I've also tryied differents USB ports/stick, redownloading macOS, different BIOS settings and other boot args with no luck. BTW I've successfully installed Sierra on this laptop. (Could it be incompatible hardware?)
Thnks in advance for Your help! :)

ThisIsMyFirstTime
On 12/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, Elia99Best said:

Hello everyone! I have a problem installing Niresh Catalina on my laptop. I've followed the guide on this website and I've managed to get to the macOS installer (only when I add the boot arg "-x" in clover). However during the installation I always get an error (OSINSTALL.POSTSCRIPT.PKG) and I don't know how to fix that.
I've also tryied differents USB ports/stick, redownloading macOS, different BIOS settings and other boot args with no luck. BTW I've successfully installed Sierra on this laptop. (Could it be incompatible hardware?)

Stuck at this to. If you find a solution please share it, so will I.

Good luck

ThisIsMyFirstTime
On 12/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, Elia99Best said:

I came bearing good and bad news. Bad news are that your usb might be corrupted as was the case with mine.
Try install it using other usb, that helped me. Good news are that i got it to work 😂
I wish you all the luck, and if you need help again I am more than willing to help

Elia99Best
On 1/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, ThisIsMyFirstTime said:

I came bearing good and bad news. Bad news are that your usb might be corrupted as was the case with mine.
Try install it using other usb, that helped me. Good news are that i got it to work 😂
I wish you all the luck, and if you need help again I am more than willing to help

Hi, thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately I had already tried with two different USB sticks (also by re-downloading the torrent) but it always gives the same error :(
If I can, I'll try with another stick!
Just a question out of curiosity, did you use TransMac or other programs (like Balenaetcher) to write the stick?