IDE - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone IDE Jump to content

Can I install Niresh's on IDE harddrive? Or any other Mac OS X

@xxDSAxx Yes you can most chipsets are supported 

what about your processor & graphics ?

My processor is Intel Core i5 3570k
And graphics is GTS 450

How can i do it? When I use ACHI my windows 7, windows 8 and Mac crash very often. With IDE I don't have this problem

Guest InfamousSynergy

I would use IDE if you can then. Slower, No dought about it but at least it's more reliable. I run IDE on my hackintosh test bench!

If I try to install hachintosh to IDE harddrive, installer doesn't see it

Can I install Niresh's on IDE harddrive? Or any other Mac OS X

Short answer... yes.  I've done it.   Long answer, may depend on the rest of your hardware.

If I try to install hachintosh to IDE harddrive, installer doesn't see it

Does Disk Utility see your hard drive?  You need to use Disk Utility to partition and format it first.  As far as your AHCI problems the reason you're having them and the fix for that are described in this article, which I have applied successfully.

Guest InfamousSynergy

Also, don't forget IDE drives have primary/secondary along with master and slave. If it's your only IDE drive, you need to set the jumper to Primary master

Disk utility doesn't see my IDE drive

With ACHI my computer crashes and freezes, it maybe once a day and maybe many times a day

Guest InfamousSynergy

Does it see any sata drives? Does the drive HAVE to be IDE?

@  I have  Seagate ST3320418AS  320gb harddrive

Guest InfamousSynergy

Either way, Does it HAVE to be IDE. If you have a SATA capable machine, get a sata drive. It will be faster, more reliable and at the end of the day, easier to deal with. If your board does not have any sata ports, the system is so darn old I frankly woulden't bother. 

Out of interest, why are you desperate to run IDE???

:)

Hi guys! i have a similar problem with my IDE Samsung DVD-RW.i have installed all kind of kexts ide related but nothing helped.

if i use Windows if working perfect.

my specs:

AMD Athlon x2 250

Ati Radeon HD 5450 1Gb

8Gb ram kingmax

500Gb HDD samsung model: hd502HJ (SATA)

DVD-RW Samsung speed+ (IDE)

Audio: Via VT1708s

Guest InfamousSynergy

I think it's a case of 10.9 doesn't support IDE. ALL macs that run mavericks use sata and i'm not 100% but I think that was the case for 10.6, try iPC with 10.5 but you need sata really