rtangwai

RX 470 prevents booting

rtangwai

I can install Mojave on this setup:

i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge)

P8Z77-V lk BIOS rev. 1301

8GB RAM

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Everything works (Ethernet, audio, etc.).

But when I plug in my Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 8GB GPU before installing Mojave it hangs at:

Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement:  com.apple.rootless.install Fri Nov 9 01:16:01 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper.560) <Warning>: Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper

If I plug in the RX 470 after Mojave installs it reboots during the bootup - it happens so fast I cannot read the console messages.

I thought the Polaris GPUs were supported out of the box?

I tried combinations of PCIRootUID=0, DeInit=0, and InjectATI, still hangs on the same spot during install or reboots during bootup.

It is fine using the onboard HD4000 graphics, but I plan on upgrading to 32GB RAM and doing some Final Cut X so I really would like the RX 470 working.

I don't think anything is wrong with the RX 470 as it works fine in Windows 10 in the same computer.  I also tested a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 that is working perfectly in a Haswell Mojave box (i7-4770K), same issue on the Ivy Bridge.  The RX 470 works fine when put in the Haswell Mojave box.

Any help would be appreciated!