macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Update 19B88

Hackintosh

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Update 19B88.png

Download Now

Changes:

Updated Intel and AMD graphics drivers

Initial support for AMD Navi graphics cards

AMD users may need to update to WhateverGreen 1.3.4

Updated audio drivers- established users of Catalina with AppleALC or VoodooHDA should not need to update.

Updated USB drivers- those using Port Limit Removal patch may have to update to new patches for 10.15.1

Install macOS Catalina App has been updated - If you downloaded macOS Catalina from the App Store prior to today, and you want to have the latest version on your backup installer USB, simply log into the Mac App Store and click Download. The updated Install macOS Catalina App can be found in the Applications folder.

The macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update includes updated and additional emoji, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings, as well as bug fixes and improvements.

Emoji
• Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji

AirPods
• Introduces support for AirPods Pro

Home app
• HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
• HomeKit enabled routers let you control how your HomeKit accessories communicate over the internet or in your home
• Adds support for AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in scenes and automations

Siri
• Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
• Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings

This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
• Restores the ability to view file names in the All Photos view in Photos
• Restores the ability to filter by favorites, photos, videos, edited, and keywords in Days view in Photos
• Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
• Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
• Adds a two-finger swipe gesture for back navigation in Apple News
• Resolves issues that may occur in the Music app when displaying playlists inside folders and newly added songs in the Songs list
• Improves reliability of migrating iTunes library databases into the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps
• Fixes an issue where downloaded titles were not visible in the Downloads folder in the TV app

For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT209149

For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

• Like 1

shehandilukas

is this support intel g41 motherboard and Core 2 Quad Computer

New.Hackintosh.User

Can not install this update - it completely destroyed my  Niresh Catalina OS, even Recovery and for reinstall HDD has to be cleaned first. 

Is there a fix for that issue? Updates are really important that days... 

Gary Bensel

@New.Hackintosh.User just downloaded the full installer 10.15.1 with this command in the terminal "softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer" and will replace the older version in the usb installer. If it works I'll be back in an hour to let you all know. If it failed then no update anytime soon since I'll have to make a new installer on my pc

New.Hackintosh.User

Thank you! Appreciated!

alex8888
8 hours ago, New.Hackintosh.User said:

Can not install this update - it completely destroyed my  Niresh Catalina OS, even Recovery and for reinstall HDD has to be cleaned first. 

Is there a fix for that issue? Updates are really important that days... 

same here 😒

Gary Bensel

Not sure. The Apple store download did the same to me. I sent a message to Niresh a few hours ago so when he wakes up he will see and get back to me. I think it’s a video problem as my system appeared to boot. But to black screen. 

my system is down but I did get a reply from Niresh. He said to update “Whatever green kext”. I’ll have to look into that when I get back to it

New.Hackintosh.User

On TonyMac board the discuss this thing and even provide WhatEverGreen 1.3.4 - I dl and replaced with Kext Beast - but afterwards Catalina is destroyed again - just by replacing WhatEverGreen. Error Messages on boot process are somehow related to gpu firmware. But this might be a specific issue with my GPU. (ATI WX 4100 which is very nicely supported...)

New.Hackintosh.User

? No. ?

New.Hackintosh.User

Hi. Got it. Had to update Clover, Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and it finally worked. BUT: First there was a black screen for some time... did not do nothing... Then after reboot the regular update procedure started... Then again there was a black screen and it did not disappear. I made a hard reset and voila there it ist. Strange but that does not matter... Thank you anyway for your kind advices and help. I think it would be fantastic to have a simple one klick solution to do all those steps automatically and integrate that into the update image. But it's not that hard if you know how. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

namphongp

@New.Hackintosh.User 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:43 PM, New.Hackintosh.User said:

Hi. Got it. Had to update Clover, Lilu, WEG, AppleALC and it finally worked. BUT: First there was a black screen for some time... did not do nothing... Then after reboot the regular update procedure started... Then again there was a black screen and it did not disappear. I made a hard reset and voila there it ist. Strange but that does not matter... Thank you anyway for your kind advices and help. I think it would be fantastic to have a simple one klick solution to do all those steps automatically and integrate that into the update image. But it's not that hard if you know how. Thank you. 

I will try to update Clover and AppleALC. Lilu and WEG just updated

Thanks

gosofkeiir

good site and nice idea thx real

gosofkeiir

Good nice site

garybensel

Another possible solution is to boot into safe mode after the install is finished.

I did the install with updated WEG and LiLu and it ended up with black screen but sound so I knew it was a video problem so I rebooted in safe mode once came back hours later to another black screen but after forced reboot all was good.  Both monitors, sound, BT, Wi-Fi everything was working.

Hackintosh

Update Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts in /Library/Extensions and Clover UEFI Partition too.

• Like 1

macmanx

Have same issue. i have updated the kexts lilu and WG then i preboot and the instal was good but after 2nd preboot i have a black screen and also i couldn't go back to my normal boot anymore. 

i will be very happy if you can attach the quick fix step by step. otherwise im stuck in catalina 10.15 forever 😓

Many Thanks

Edited by macmanx
putting thanks

eshakhan

der sir can i usd my   Intel Mac Book A1181 3 gb ram 160 hdd free or dos't matter plz reply iwish ur best regard   

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 Update

SergeySla
On 11/15/2019 at 1:41 PM, macmanx said:

Have same issue. i have updated the kexts lilu and WG then i preboot and the instal was good but after 2nd preboot i have a black screen and also i couldn't go back to my normal boot anymore. 

+1