htosher

RTL8xxx driver?

htosher

Hello,

After a lot of suffering :-), I just managed to install Catalina on a low-end (i3, 4gb ram, intel hd630) notebook. Now I want to activate the Ethernet, but I can't find the RTL8xxx driver for Catalina, will this one work properly?

On the OP description it says: "Fully optimized for Mountain Lion (64bit architecture) but should work with Lion too.".

Will it work on Catalina as well? I am not afraid of trying myself, but as I'm too new on the Hackintosh scene, I am not confident enough yet to simply put the kext there and see what happens.

If no one has an answer I'll just put it there and see what happens. 🙂

Thank you.

htosher

Oops, I just noticed that there is RealtekRTL8111.kext inside /Library/Extensions, and it seems to be loaded (kextstat). But the hardware info says there is no ethernet card!?!?

I will continue searching for how to activate then, but if someone wants to give a help here, thanks in advance.

jarda105

I have same problem with Dell Optiplex 3020 i3. Mojave works well but Catalina cant see ethernet card. I was trying to load drivers manually, but got error with permission of kext files.