mozbiusprime

Installing on P6T Deluxe V2 & GTX 260

mozbiusprime

I am documenting as I go because things are not really that easy (I can't imagine how challenging putting together a hackintosh can be without using a distro like Niresh!!!!)...

So... The issues that I faced / am facing :
*Geforce GTX 260-SLI cards not detected (resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and cannot be changed)

*Integrated network card not detected

*Integrated audio card not detected

*The Hackintosh will not boot without a USB HackintoshZone Installer key

So from the get go from what I understand even if OS X sees the two video cards it doesn't support SLI configuration.

How have I worked out my audio, video and network problems (work still progress as I still have the booting not working)...

As far as I can tell running the HackZone Restore USB without customizing will get OS X High Sierra installed but with alot of broken stuff...

After some poking around and searching around the web I have come up with the following :

The GTX 260 video cards are not support by default in HighSierra and so therefore to workaround that limitation drivers from El Capitan are needed (as explained by yhiraki at Tonymacx86 Forums). So I copied the NVDAStartup.kext driver file into the HackintoshZone Installer in /System/Extension (if my memory serves me well... otherwise I will have to EDIT to specify the exact location). Then I wiped out my OS X partition and reinstalled High Sierra using the following settings (notice I have highlighted in green the options that I have modified) :

QATpIwy.jpg

Setting the USB that way I got  :

*the network cards to work out of the box

*audio card to work out of the box

*video card to work out of the box

BUT

*The Hackintosh will STILL not boot without a USB HackintoshZone Installer key

NOTE:

Truthfully I did manage at one point to get the HDD to boot independently. What I did is install High Sierra with the HackintoshZone  USB Installer without customizing any of the options. Then once in OS X install Enoch/Chameleon (following the instruction found in HackintoshZone forums "Boot without USB Drive") but then as previously said I would have no audio / no accelerated video / no network). Those instructions don't appear to work with Enoch and Clover with the way that I have managed to resolve my other issues... So now I have to figure out how to make the hdd drive boot on its own cause both clover & enoch fail when I try to install them.

mozbiusprime

|This is the screencapture that I was for some reason unable to add to my previous post. Like said it still is a work in progress as I am still trying to have the HDD to boot without a USB key.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, mozbiusprime said:

I am documenting as I go because things are not really that easy (I can't imagine how challenging putting together a hackintosh can be without using a distro like Niresh!!!!)...

So... The issues that I faced / am facing :
*Geforce GTX 260-SLI cards not detected (resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and cannot be changed)

*Integrated network card not detected

*Integrated audio card not detected

*The Hackintosh will not boot without a USB HackintoshZone Installer key

So from the get go from what I understand even if OS X sees the two video cards it doesn't support SLI configuration.

How have I worked out my audio, video and network problems (work still progress as I still have the booting not working)...

As far as I can tell running the HackZone Restore USB without customizing will get OS X High Sierra installed but with alot of broken stuff...

After some poking around and searching around the web I have come up with the following :

The GTX 260 video cards are not support by default in HighSierra and so therefore to workaround that limitation drivers from El Capitan are needed (as explained by yhiraki at Tonymacx86 Forums). So I copied the NVDAStartup.kext driver file into the HackintoshZone Installer in /System/Extension (if my memory serves me well... otherwise I will have to EDIT to specify the exact location). Then I wiped out my OS X partition and reinstalled High Sierra using the following settings (notice I have highlighted in green the options that I have modified) :

QATpIwy.jpg

Setting the USB that way I got  :

*the network cards to work out of the box

*audio card to work out of the box

*video card to work out of the box

BUT

*The Hackintosh will STILL not boot without a USB HackintoshZone Installer key

NOTE:

Truthfully I did manage at one point to get the HDD to boot independently. What I did is install High Sierra with the HackintoshZone  USB Installer without customizing any of the options. Then once in OS X install Enoch/Chameleon (following the instruction found in HackintoshZone forums "Boot without USB Drive") but then as previously said I would have no audio / no accelerated video / no network). Those instructions don't appear to work with Enoch and Clover with the way that I have managed to resolve my other issues... So now I have to figure out how to make the hdd drive boot on its own cause both clover & enoch fail when I try to install them.

mozbiusprime

Well I will be damned!!! Somehow installing MultiBeast High Sierra Legacy mode from TonyMacx86 (which didn't  make OS X boot from hdd) spacer.png

and then I installed Enoch 2922 with "Install Chameleon in the ESP" ; "Modules | FileNVRAM" ; "Modules | Kernel Patcher" ;  "Embedded Kernel Patch | Embedded Kernel Patch | KernelBooter_kexts" and nothing else has been touched (as far as I remember, I could be slightly wrong cause honestly running Enoch was a hail marry at that point). 

I hope it will help anyone ending in my situation.

mozbiusprime

Eureka!! Thanks to Aleksey Kontsevich from Apple.StackExchange.com who actually got this from eyoung100 at  Unix.StackExcchange.com I have finally tackled the last piece of the puzzle.

An EFI partition can be created via GParted Live CD/USB:

• I first had to delete my 200MB EFI partition
  • Create 200MB drive (all my free space at the beginning):
    • Type:  fat32
    • Label: EFI
  • Format it
  • Set boot flags (option available only after formatting) to "boot, esp" (NOTE: picture shows boot but it's really boot, esp)

spacer.png

• Voila now my High Sierra Niresh Hackintosh boots without needing a USB key, with screen model detection, GTX 260 loaded, ethernet running, audio working !

Next on my TO DO LIST:

-Get my Rosewill RDCR-11004 - Data Hub to work

I hoped this thread will help anyone facing issues with Niresh High Sierra on a P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard (I won't go up to Mojave as I don't have the minimum requirements UEFI & Metal graphic card).

mozbiusprime

NOTE : If after using the GParted usb your Hackintosh doesn't boot from hard disk try to reinstall Enoch on ESP(EFI) partition. 

My sure way now of installing NIresh High Sierra is :

1-Gparted the EFI

2-Install Niresh High Sierra as described in my first post above

3-Boot with the USB HackZone

4-Install Enoch on the EFI (EPS)  -while EFI is mounted (to be safe)

5-Reboot without the USB key in.

NOTE: Avoid 10.13.6 Appstore update unless you are willing to poke your setup to no end... I am poking and I see no advancement in figuring out how to get 10.13.6 to work properly.