moriel5

Unable to Boot after Installation, Due to Bootloop

moriel5

I had installed the Niresh distro of MacOS Catalina, and aside from all the errors in the console (such as unsupported CPU and unsupported PCH), it installed fine.

However when I attempt to boot it, after running for some time in the console (which I do not see an issue with, it did not get stuck at any given point), with the same errors as before, it just reboots without getting to the GUI.

I am still new to MacOS (especially Hackintoshing), and the whole point of this is to garner experience so that I could help people when they have issues on MacOS.

My hardware:

Motherboard: MSI H61M-P31/W8

Chipset: Intel H61

CPU: i3-3220

GPU: Integrated; Intel HD 2500

If any other hardware details are required I'll post them, however the rest of the hardware appearsto work without any issues.

moriel5

Update: It appears that the cause was a kernel panic.

I just booted it with the debug option to disable reboot upon kernel panic, so I can see the exact error.

moriel5

Update 2: I keep missing the error, since it scrolls too fast.

What I do know, is that it claims that the CPU is unsupported, twice (makes sense, this is a dual core), and that the PCH is unsupported.

Also it claims that Windows Server did something, despite the fact I have never used Windows Server (I'm a Linux user).

Other than that, I keep on getting errors that pertain to operations that simply failed, without any explanation.

Kostadinos

use windows idk

moriel5
4 hours ago, Kostadinos said:

use windows idk

Thank you very much, but what does that have anything to do with this?

I had already posted that I am a Linux user, and I'm trying to set up MacOS purely to get hands-on experience with it.

Using Windows won't get me anywhere, since It doesn't answer my need for MacOS experience.

As for Windows experience, I am a former Windows user, and as a computer technician, I treat PCs with Windows on a regular basis (I also have an extra PC on the side for software (mainly legacy software), that absolutely requires Windows, as well as for keeping my Windows knowledge up-to-date), so it's not like I would be doing anything by simply using Windows.

Thanks anyways, since I realize that you did want to help, but please read the introduction properly to prevent unhelpful comments.

If anyone can actually help me, I'm all ears.

Kostadinos

celeron proccesors not supported