xrhstaras666

Big problem with sound playback specially on itunes and other apps not so much on safari

xrhstaras666

1) I have installed mojave on my amd ryzen pc everything works fantastic but the only problem is with the choppy (very choppy) sound playback !

The sound playback is so laggy its breaking completely especially on itunes and other apps not so much on safari ,

on safari i had not big problems but it may be a little choppy some of the time .

Do you have any ideas ?

Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller

I tried to use a usb soundcard but does the exact same problem !!!!!

Is there any fix for that ?

2) Also is there any way that i can update the system without render installation unable to boot ???

I'm pretty frustrated if you can help please respond !!!!

danny1ma

I have this too I've just bought a usb pcie card to try fix usb audio I'm worried as to whether I've wasted my money I'll post back if it helps or not seems to be a common problem with amd audio but I've never seen a proper fix for this anyone managed to fix these issues? I'm thinking I may have to get another motherboard but I've seen it's a ryzen 2xxx issue mines a 2400g so it maybe a processor compatiblity problem? Seems like a timing issue/audio sync to me don't know if there's any fixes for that I have fixtmr and fixrtc enabled in clover anything I've tried all the layout ids for my codac but none fix it some are almost better than others 

danny1ma

usb card made no difference

danny1ma

just found a page saying g ryzen card may be cause=ing the sound issue don't know what yours is but if you have a pci graphics card installed try disabling in integrated graphic in bios mine was set to auto but i just tried with it disabled and so far it works i'll keep you posted if i have any issues in the next couple of hours with it

xrhstaras666

very nice idea !!!

I would try it 

Can i ask anyone knows if i can copy the amd kernel to the new catalina iso ?