k2sheth

Installation help required!

Hello, I have a PC with an FX-8350 and R9-280X, I am keen to install mavericks in my PC and I just want to get some of my doubt's clarified with your help!

1). To install OSX, what partition table should I have GPT or MBR?

2). Do I need to install chameleon UEFI boot loader or normal boot loader will be fine?

3). I have found kexts for my GPU from download section, but after installation I don't see full resolution, instead 3MB graphics is only detected, so what should I do? BTW, I am using HDMI, so can that be the reason?

4). Post-installation, how to update my AMD kernel?

I would really appreciate if you solved all my doubts, thanks!

@k2sheth You can install my mavericks on GPT and MBR

There is no chameleon uefi

better install chameleon standard version

Probably GraphicsEnabler=Yes trigger graphics on most models 

or search for a guide

mach_kernel is hidden use desktop utility to see hidden files then backup and replace the downloaded latest kernel 

• Like 1

Thank you niresh but I have one more question, I have an HDMI connection so should I make connection to my monitor, DVI as it supports that or HDMI is fine? Because I have seen many people having booting issues with HDMI interface!

@k2sheth no those issues are mostly in laptops you can boot with hdmi

Ohk I did try to install but my resolution is very bad and I used bootflag graphicsenabler=yes but still no luck!

I installed mavericks as per the guide but I am stuck at apple logo and the spinning also freezws please help.

Hey guys please help me out of this situation! My Graphics card is not recognized by mavericks!!

post-42958-0-16080200-1398450168_thumb.j

Not sure how you installed, but I have an AMD FX-4300, and used the following to start the install: amdfx PciRootUID=0 npci=0x3000 -v

After install completed, I booted up the sys using -x -v to boot to Safe Boot, and install completed. Once done I rebooted OS X normally and it loaded fine.

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

AMD FX-4300 @ 4.5GHz

8GB Corsair Vengence

MSI GTX 560ti 1GB

250GB SATA II

27" AOC LCD TV and 24" BENQ LED both @ 1080p