amiart

Asus ROG G60VX-mostly success. no ethernet/bootloader *wireless unsupported

Hi, first post here .  Thanks Niresh for your distro

Closest ive been to a completely functional hackintosh

Asus ROG G60VX Laptop

Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 (2.13 GHz)

4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M ---------Working with no graphical issues/ no setup needed
Netgear ac6100 usb wireless adapter
Currently booting with and dakewake=0(fixed sleep for me)  from niresh usb  -using chameleon
Needed  nvdisable=1  -x  to get to installer (also booted with cpus=1 but i dont think its required)
audio works (with internal mic off,  Mic input comes through speakers otherwise)

I was able to install niresh mavericks to my old G60-VX laptop.  It doesnt support uefi so i understand thats likely why the booloader in the image doesnt work for me.

I wanted to install chameleon as my bootloader on hard drive and set my boot flags permanently.   Havent yet tried as im having trouble transfering files to the machine(see below)

Im  also having trouble having this machine recognize flash drives in fat32 format. i was attempting to transfer multibeast and the wireless drivers to my hackintosh

from my windows machine.  It sees the drive if i format it to osx journaled with disk utility , but not if it make it fat32 from windows?

Im wondering why this is, if i could figure that out i believe i can get my usb wireless adapter to work and maybe my ethernet

As of my understanding the onboard wireless is unsupported, but i have a wireless adapter(netgear ac6100) that people have reported working with this driver i would like to try once i can transfer it to my hackintosh =/  http://support.dlink.com/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DWA-182

Any Tips or knowledge that could be shared with me will be appreciated

got wireless working with drivers mentions aboved, sees my flash drivers for transfering data fine now?  appears i must boot with cpus=1 how i can i i fix this
Tried to install chimera/chameleon with multibeast but the bootloader doesnt load, still have to boot into os with usb

I've also discovered i cannot connect a external vga display, havent tested hdmi

I was able to install encoch chameleon by taking the hard drive out and installing  enoch while connected to usb, i was recieving gpt boot0 error due to my Western digital Black hard drive im using in this laptop.

I no longer need the flash drive to boot, im still putting in boot args manually at chamelon loader.
No display out of VGA, havent found graphic acceleration problems otherwise.

14 minutes ago, amiart said:

I was able to install encoch chameleon by taking the hard drive out and installing  enoch while the OS drive connected to usb another hackintosh install(i had to clone the drive and boot with the usb one last time), i was recieving gpt boot0 error due to my Western digital Black hard drive im using in this laptop.

I no longer need the flash drive to boot, im still putting in boot args manually at chamelon loader.
No display out of VGA, havent found graphic acceleration problems otherwise.

flags put into chamelon plist no longer need to input flags, osx boots right up
still using cpus=1

no external displays are detected

installed 10.10 using niresh distro,  still having the HDMI issue.   installed web drivers, added nvda_drv=1
also added lilu and whatevergreen kext to clover extras folder.  OS runs tgreat otherwise?