myaccountstfn

Yosemite Zone installer passes to the next boot option

I tried to build a hackintosh(for the first time) using the Yosemite Zone distro. I got into my BIOS utility and changed the following things:

• Enabled XHCI
  • Changed the boot order(Set the USB to be first)

I saved the changes and rebooted. I got into the Chameleon bootloader and selected Yosemite Zone without any boot flags. I saw the Hackintosh Zone logo and then it rebooted and passed to the next boot option. Then I tried the following boot flags, separate:

• "-v" - No logs seen
  • "-x" - No effect

I got the .dmg file from 

and flashed it to an empty 8GB Flash Drive using Etcher on my linux installation. I tried re-flashing the USB too.

P.S. I am not sure if Etcher does the thing.

My configuration:

Asus X540LJ laptop

• CPU: Intel Core i3-4005U
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce 920m + Intel integrated
  • Memory: 4GB
  • HDD: 500GB

24 minutes ago, Niresh said:

@myaccountstfn Check if there is an option XD or Executive Disable Bit in BIOS, You have to Set it to Enable, It causes instant reboot all the time.

The following may help you.

BIOS Setting for Hackintosh

Thanks, but I do not have that option in my BIOS. I followed that guide already and nothing seems to work. Any other ideas, please?

Edit: Maybe some of my parts are not supported by macOS. I looked up on the internet and I found nothing about my exact model. Just some similar ones, that have slightly different specs.

@myaccountstfn it could be because you have a locked BIOS, if there is a way to unlock it you can Install.

30 minutes ago, Niresh said:

It causes instant reboot all the time.

Mine didn't just reboot, it rebooted to the next boot option. Not sure if this is what that option does.

Just now, Niresh said:

it could be because you have a locked BIOS, if there is a way to unlock it you can Install.

I previously installed Windows and Linux multiple times, everything worked correctly. I don't think my BIOS is locked.

@myaccountstfn 

What are the other options available in your BIOS could you post them as pictures.

@Niresh I saw an article on the internet that says the USB should boot from UEFI but I have only UEFI OS not flash drive. When I installed Linux I had such an option but it isnt now

Someone? Please help me. I think it doesn't work because is not an UEFI flash drive. Does someone know a tool that would work on linux for flashing using GPT instead of MBR?

@myaccountstfn I'm sorry, i can not be online all the time.

"Executive Disable Bit" is disabled in BIOS, which causes instant reboot, if you could unlock your BIOS you can install macOS, otherwise no chance.