Irongame199

High Sierra Zone installation failed.

Hello, I have tried to install Mac OS X Sierra for qiute a long time but I failed so I switched to Mac OS X High Sierra where I had less problems until the installer said Install failed or something like that and when i checked the log in one of the lines i saw something like this: 'missing systemversion.plist' 

Is there anything im missing? The only bootflag I used was ncpi=0x2000.

Thanks!

@Irongame199 Sierra Installer fails false negative, the installation might have completed successfully but Installer might show a false error.

Restart & boot from Installed volume.

19 hours ago, Niresh said:

@Irongame199 Sierra Installer fails false negative, the installation might have completed successfully but Installer might show a false error.

Restart & boot from Installed volume.

I have tried but the installation failed about 1-3 minutes in to the install and when I rebooted it just booted me back to the usb and in the bootloader install Hackingtosh High Sierra Zone was the only option.

Is it possible that the installer was corrupt when I downloaded it or that transmac didnt make the bootable usb installer properly?

@Irongame199 No, if installer was corrupted you would not be able to boot from it.

Did you partition your Hard disk as GUID?

On 4/20/2019 at 12:49 PM, Niresh said:

@Irongame199 No, if installer was corrupted you would not be able to boot from it.

Did you partition your Hard disk as GUID?

Yes I have but can it be because I don't have UEFI bios, because when I went back to my windows 8.1 install disk it said cannot install windows on this disk because it's GUID, and my motherboard doesn't support UEFI.

@Nireshby any chance could my BIOS settings be wrong, also do I need to disable USB 3.0 and then turn usb legacy mode on enabled, disabled or auto?

@Irongame199 Your usb drive could be the issue.

Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Core.pkg”." 

This usually happens if the USB is dirty, try with a different USB Drive.

1 hour ago, Niresh said:

@Irongame199 Your usb drive could be the issue.

Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=110 "An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Core.pkg”." 

This usually happens if the USB is dirty, try with a different USB Drive.

Oh ok I will try that and I will notify if it works, thanks 👍

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:19 AM, Irongame199 said:

Oh ok I will try that and I will notify if it works, thanks 👍

So the installer finished with unidentified error 0 and I rebooted and successfully booted into mac os x so now I need to find graphics drivers and wifi, is there anywhere where I could look for those? Thanks so much for your help!