Audiojunk

frozen loading screen on first boot after installation

hi,

i installed the niresh yosemite version sucessfully but got troubles during first launch after installation.

halfway loaded it freezes. i ran verbose mode.

states the following

this line over and over

BUG in process suhelperd[162]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (1 total, 1 external, 0 legacy-external) 

followed by

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start -waitForService(resouceMtching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment) timed out

hfs:mounted Yosemite Zone on device disk1s2

hfs:unmount initiated on Yosemite Zone on device disk1s2

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller  Transport

i got no bluetooth device btw  ideas?^^

@Audiojunk While Installing there is an option to backup graphics extension, select it and install.

yi got it running. its not perfect. but that's what i expected.

@Niresh do you have any advice how to enable my full display resolution? 

i am stuck at 1440x900 something.

also i got trouble loggin on and off.... the rest i am still checking out.

or should i upgrade to the latest yosemite before checking all this out... and whats the best way there.... a lot still on my mind as u can read

On 23 Apr 2019 at 5:39 AM, Niresh said:

@Audiojunk Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot-flag.

Also install these kexts https://www.hackintoshzone.com/files/file/1083-qe_ci-exotic-patch-os-x-yosemite_10100/

i m not sure how to do use, since i used clover....

also with the kext installation i am not experience. i looked up how to do it and it seems doable.

but still is there a "best" way to upgrade the system to the latest yosemite version. the download and install version did not work. and if am not mistaken i need to patch the kernel in oder to do it? not sure :)

@Niresh think i figured out the advice you gave me. but still i am stuck with the same resolution. graphics seem kind of laggy

@Niresh i tried the updte to 10.10.5

did not really work. on reboot i got stuck with black screen again with the white stripes turning then freezing (i hope you know what i mean?).

i did a verbose start thereafter. was tough to get good pics of the feedback though. i hope you this can be helpful

https://mega.nz/#F!RehXgCZY!BQ7CKtRHiqycWk-Tq6guCA

thanks so much 

@Audiojunk You should apply this fix after installing Yosemite. Make sure you have not selected backup graphics extensions while Installing Yosemite.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, Niresh said:

@Audiojunk While Installing there is an option to backup graphics extension, select it and install.

@Niresh u said before i should install yosemite with backup graphics extensions selected... i am a little confused

@Audiojunk Yes when you backup extensions you will be able to boot in VESA Graphics Mode, but after Installing if you would like to get full Graphics acceleration, you have to replace all those kexts which are backup while installing. to restore all backup kexts use terminal

sudo grafix replace all

Then upgrade Yosemite, but make sure to apply sandbox fix for yosemite before upgrading.

After installing combo update, do not reboot install QE/CI Yosemite Patch. Then Reboot

Incase if you have strange visuals after upgrade it means the kext does not work, you have to try alternative method for graphics but to boot In VESA Mode. boot in safe mode (-s boot-flag)

then run the following commands (one by one) to backup graphics kexts

mount -uw /
grfix backup all
reboot

@Niresh ok thanks i will try that.

the sandbox fix did not work though.

i performed a fresh install and fix of sandbox (including kerneL) and combo update

i did by the letter as in the fix. i could not replace 'lzss'  because it was alredy a 'lzvn'

still got the sandbox error. here some new screen photos :(

https://mega.nz/#F!caJHxKhK!Ams-pjBnjo18iwy5DXz5Jw

is there another sandbox fix?

anyhow i will give it another go :(

Are you sure?

Because after Installation lzss will be the preferred compression, you have to replace it with lzvn. 

You have to apply the fix right after the installation.