PipiKARMA

MOJAVE booting shutting down (rebooting)

Hi there folks. I tried everything but after two weeks i am out of ideas. I am posting a link to few videos regarding the issue in which you can see my configuration, my bios settings, and what happens in verbose mode.

If any have some ideas or suggestions, i would really appreciate.

P.S. Just take a close look of the last few frames of the video in which during verbose booting on which step it reboots.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MuhhwgJe8qYmp2jXA

@PipiKARMA ReInstall, when Installing unselect WiFi & Ethernet from the customize section of Mojave Installer.

You have not posted your hardware details.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext & AppleIntelE1000e.kext both kexts are being installed automatically, they are causing a kernel panic, you have to un-select WiFi & Ethernet from Customize section while Installing.

Thanks for uploading Video, without them it would have been impossible to debug. 

Keep me updated.

• Like 1

As from my research your motherboard DZ77GA has two Ethernet chipset (Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Intel 82574 Gigabit Ethernet Controller) that is why two different kext are being Installed.

14 hours ago, Niresh said:

@PipiKARMA ReInstall, when Installing unselect WiFi & Ethernet from the customize section of Mojave Installer.

You have not posted your hardware details.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext & AppleIntelE1000e.kext both kexts are being installed automatically, they are causing a kernel panic, you have to un-select WiFi & Ethernet from Customize section while Installing.

Thanks for uploading Video, without them it would have been impossible to debug. 

Keep me updated.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will definitely keep you updated as I try to solve your remarks

@PipiKARMA You were unable to unselect, WiFi & Ethernet from Kexts section, that is a bug with Apple.

Try to un-select by pressing space key. it could work.

If the above method does not work. After installation

Boot installed volume in Safe Mode (with -s boot flag), and execute the following commands, one by one.

mount -uw /
rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
rm -rf /Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kextcache -i /
exit

You have to watch the second video where I was able to deselect the wifi ethernet. After that i reinstalled  , so after that it still did not worked, thats why i posted the second video with the booting procedure to see what to additionally change or remove. 

Could you be so kind to watch the last few frames of the booting procedure?

@PipiKARMA I saw your video, IntelMausiEthernet.kext & AppleIntelE1000e.kext were Installed.

Why don't you try the safe mode method, i have posted above?

Yes, i am just trying at the moment. Entered the safe mode...  putting in your settings at the moment. I will keep you posted

@PipiKARMA you missed a slash after kextcache -i /

but both of the commands used previously are ok, when you execute exit command, system will auto update kextcache and reboot, after that boot from volume, your hackintosh will be okay 

@Niresh aha, great

i will empty the cache with your syntax now (with slash)

Then I will reboot, and after that, what should I do with boot flags in clover?

@PipiKARMA 

you should have used

mount -uw /

Command before running kext cache to make disk writeable.

you have 3 choices.

1. You may have to reinstall macos and re run the commands which i have posted above correctly.
  2. Boot into macos with the Installer USB.
  3. Boot into recovery partition. Reboot after sometime, as this will trigger kext rebuild.

One better alternative  option is to disable Ethernet in BIOS and Install macOS. This will prevent ethernet kexts being installed.

@Niresh thx for the quick reply

I will do it ASAP

So...I am at the moment installing the MAC OS from scratch, and then I will in safe mode again correctly insert the commands you gave me in the previous posts (BTW...using space to uncheck the "WIFI & ETHERNET" option did not worked)

Then, I hope that it will boot normally. 

Keep you posted.

Just to mention, I already had Maverick and El Capitan successfully installed and used for years from your previously DMGs.

Since the apps I am using can not be upgraded anymore, incl. my sound card, I needed to upgrade / reinstall from scratch Mojave to keep up with the apps and the new drivers for my peripherals.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10 GHz

2x RAID disks 

SYSTEM SSD KINGSTON 250GB

16 GB of RAM

USB (cable) keyboard and mouse from MAC.

Do you need more infos?