DAFFY

error after installing NVidia drivers

after installing the NVidia web drivers my install wont boot, I get white text then a black screen. tried to reinstall but just get repeated white text and en error sign. any ideas people. sorry, new to hackintosh....

still having the problem. ive tied re-flashing the usb stick and formatting the ssd. I can get as far as entering the same boot flags as before when all was working then after pressing install I just get the repeating white text then an error sign. I don't understand whats wrong as im doing the same thing as when ive installed a few times before. please I need some advice... Thanks...

Hi Niresh. My ,Graphics Card is a Geforce GTX 760. Im just about to read the guide now. Thanks..

@DAFFY You do not need for web drivers, Your GTX 760 has native support so remove web driver, Inject Nvidia with Clover, Thats all enough to get graphics acceleration

I put both, Lilu.kext  Lilu.kext.dSYM folders into Library/Extensions and still get the black screen with text repeating..

@DAFFY You just have to put Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext, also you have to repair permissions but you do not need to do as your GTX760 has native support, remove Web driver and Inject Nvidia from Clover boot menu.

the whatevergreen folder doesn't say .kext  on the end. does that matter?

ive downloaded 1.2.7 release of whatevergreen and put it in Library/Extensions on my USB stick but still have the same problem......    

i have an entry in my bios boot order called mac os x, would clearing my cmos do any good?

what is the name of the whatevergreen folder I should be copying over. the copy I downloaded in the link you gave me was WhateverGreen-master it didn't have .kext at the end,  is that correct? and also should I be using transmac to put the folder into the System/Library/Extensions directory?

Thanks again for all your help....

So, I've managed to install high Sierra again by clearing my cmos. now I'm just stuck on enabling graphics acceleration. Inject Nvidia from Clover boot menu. could I have some advice please.. Thanks..

tried installing audio and now im back to the same problem, cleared my cmos again but high sierra just scrolls through the black screen white text. I mounted the SSD that sierra is installed onto my pc and tried copying the kexts over but wasn't sure of the install directory. Any help? Thanks...

So got High Sierra installed again but before I go installing stuff I would like some help using clover to inject Nvidia because when I tried using clover before I broke Sierra and it took me a few days to get it up and running gain. so please could I get some advice. Thanks. I'm using a Geforce GTX 760 which is native I was told... Thanks

should I update clover to the latest version?

Yes Thanks, Graphic acceleration is working fine now.

• Like 1