magicmarcus

Boot loop after installing latest Lilu.kext and its plugins

magicmarcus

Hi i just tried updating my Lilu.kext because i read if AppleALC is not working you must update to the latest Lilu.kext. I updated Lilu, Whatevergreen,AppleaALC and AirBrodomfixup but i get stuck in a boot loop after restarting.

This is the screen i get basically it states loaded kexts:none attempting system restart and goes into a boot loop

https://imgur.com/a/hYav7jK

magicmarcus

heres my setup

Lenovo ideapad 310-i5isk

Intel Core i7 6500U @ 2.50GHz
Skylake-U/Y 14nm Technology

20GB DDR4 RAM(16GB on macOS)

1TB Crucial SSD

Intel HD Graphics 520\nVidia GeForce 920MX

magicmarcus

@Niresh can you help please?

Hackintosh

@magicmarcus just try to boot with -liluoff flag.

Hackintosh

@Niresh If clover inject Lilu from its EFI kexts that could be also a problem, this might or might not be applicable to you.

magicmarcus

@Niresh I can boot with fake-id 0x12345678 and platform-id 0x1 but theres no graphics acceleration. I've tried booting with no kexts in clover/kexts/other but its still the same results. i want to get lilu working so i can use applealc

Hackintosh

@magicmarcus What is your device id of Intel Graphics Adapter?

magicmarcus

@Niresh Device id is 0x1916

magicmarcus

@Niresh is there a fix for this i can boot with other ways but i don't get graphics acceleration

Hackintosh

@magicmarcus Use this Fakeid in Clover

FakeID/IntelGFX=0x19028086

Forgive me for delayed response.

magicmarcus

@Niresh Hi i used that fakeid but i'm still getting the same problem.  its only when i change the platform i.d to 0x1 that i can boot but theres still no graphics acceleration. is there anything i could do inside macos to get it working? also when i boot with platform id 0x1 and fakeid 12345678 lilu, whatevergreen are not shown as installed on hackintool could this be the problem? any help would be appreciated

magicmarcus

@Niresh I seem to have fixed the issue it looks like it was an issue with kextcache even though i used '
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /' to rebuild kextcache it didn't work. I then used kext utility to rebuild kext cache because i read in a guide that kextbeast doesn't rebuild kextcache efficiently so i run the program, restarted and just like magic its booting normally again. One last problem is AppleALC is recognised as installed to the latest version in hackintool but i'm still not getting any audio?

magicmarcus

AppleALC is still not working. when i type in ioregistryexplorer under hdef layout id is set at 7 instead of 3 and i cant change it. I set it at 3 in clover configurator and even used the correct info.plist from the repo which matches my sound card (CX20752) but it still doesnt work. any help would be appreciated.

Hackintosh

@magicmarcus Remove AppleALC & Install VoodooHDA

magicmarcus

@Niresh ok I will try voodoohda but my settings don’t save and Bluetooth headphones/speakers connect but don’t play any sound on it even without any audio kexts installed could you help with that? 

podagee79

anytime you update a kext make sure you put the new kext in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER and also in /Library/Extensions if you see it in there replace it with new kext. I went through that problem so much times I always double check everything now when updating kext.