blast9999

Best SSD for my Gigabyte Haswell Mojave mobo

I have tried a couple 120GB SSDs including ADATA and Corsair but the speeds are not as good as other OSs. Instead of 500MB or so the speeds are half that for read and even lower for write. Sometimes slower than my old hard drive even.

I have a Gigabyte H87N-WIFI (2013 Haswell dual core 4th gen) ITX mobo. I am wondering if I should try a new Samsun SSD or would the speed be similar? Is there any way to fix this or do I need to change the mobo?

Thanks for any leads on this problem!

My Kingston Savage shows 480-490MB steady read/write. The speed is not guaranteed it's always up to. I don't know about Adata but some SSD manufacturers use different sata controllers in 120GB and then 240GB or higher drives in the same model series. Intel drives used to have a much lower write than read. 

3 hours ago, blast9999 said:

Cool. What mobo is that with?

HP ProBook 640 G1. It's a stock HP board with Core i7-4610m..

OK, what size Kingston Savage SSD are you using, and are you using Blackmagic Disk speed test to get those numbers? That's excellent.

10 hours ago, blast9999 said:

OK, what size Kingston Savage SSD are you using, and are you using Blackmagic Disk speed test to get those numbers? That's excellent.

240GB and yes, Blackmagic disk st.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Niresh said:

@pepe999 

Instead of using BlackMagic, try to manually check with Using MBBench

I just googled a free program to do it and the Blackmagic was the best choice. Never heard of the MBBench. I'll try it next time. 

I tried MB Bench and got about (4.6) read and (3.77) write. Not sure if it is good. The graph is in spikes and not in a straight line. Is the normal?

8 minutes ago, blast9999 said:

I tried MB Bench and got about (4.6) read and (3.77) write. Not sure if it is good. The graph is in spikes and not in a straight line. Is the normal?

I left it a while and now it's at about 17.7 read / 7.3 write.