podagee79

Display control help

So, i finally got my Mojave 10.14.3 up and running perfectly. Did a full install by myself and im amazed at actually how easy it was. Only problem im having is with the Display brightness slider. Im not using Applebacklight kext i am using Whatevergreen.kext. My specs are as follows:

Toshiba Satellite S75-A7221

i7-4700MQ 2.30ghz

intel HD 4600

like i said,everything is running perfectly except for the display brightness bar in System Preferences, there is none?

How can i get the brightness slider? Im currently using brightness slider app from the App Store but it dims contrast.

Oh and thank you Niresh for providing the OS

8 hours ago, magicmarcus said:

You probably do not have backlight in the display activated. Follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

i tried that method and rebooted and when loading it reboots, bootloops. i have a brightness control from the app store and it works with F2 and F3. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

is there an easier way to understand the patching because I keep getting infinite boots and I have to redo my whole system. Ive tried compiling from git and get stuck at make. iasl errors. I have Maciasl but don't know what to do with it. I have everything running perfect and smooth and I would hate to make it crash again.