bradm

Audio missing on MSI Haswell Laptop

bradm

Got the Mojave distro installed on my MSI Haswell laptop. Been waiting a LONG time to get this done. Thanks so much for the image.

The HD4600 graphics are working good now. I did the upgrade to Mojave 10.14.3 from the app store no problem.

I cannot get the audio to work. It is the ALC892 codec and the sound only works through the headsets and not through the speakers of the laptop.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hackintosh

@bradm Upgrade AppleALC.kext if it does not work, Remove AppleALC.kext & Install VoodooHDA.

bradm

I did try out voodoo 2.9.1 by installing it when I was on 10.14.1 from the first install but it still only worked the same way. I haven’t tried it since I did the upgrade to 10.14.3 or the AppleALC.kext. Will try those again on 10.14.3 and see what happens, I get a little confused on installing the AppleALC.kext. What is the best way to install it?

i also Run into the same issue on my desktop with all the speakers not working.

aorus gaming 7

i7-8700k

intel hd630

geforce gets 1070

but I took that one back down to High Sierra because of the issue with Nvidia not working on Mojave.

thanks for the quick response back.

bradm

Well no matter what way I chose it isn't working... and not to mention that it made my system unbootable without using the Mojave install USB. ugh. lol

Hackintosh

@bradm Did you partition your Hard disk as GUID before Installing?

You should boot from hard disk before trying to sort out audio.