Dixon.Hand

Radeon RX 580 (4Gb) only shows 5Mb VRAM

Greetings,

I have managed to get your High Sierra 10.13 distro working on my PC, running an i7 processor on a Gigabyte Z170MX - Gaming 5 motherboard with a RX 580 (4Gb) graphics card and 32Gb of RAM.

For the last two days I have tried my guts out to get the Radeon RX 580 to work. It displays the correct model in the About This MAC but the VRAM only shows that the card has having 5Mb. I have installed the Lilu & WhateverGreen kexts and tried various other Clover Wizard configs. I have also searched the web and read anything I could find on the topic but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheers
Dixon

WOW I did not expect to be inundated with so many responses - I am overwhelmed with all the replies. Many Thanks

@Dixon.Hand Hii, I'm extremely sorry.

Have you tried Inject ATI in Clover?

Did you try with Lilu.kext & Whatevergreen.kext?

Hi, not sure if it will work for you but I fixed a lot of problems when I replaced the EFI folder contents with a mojave EFI. Could be bacause amd supported better in mojave. I haven't got the download link anymore but a Google search should help?