Disable ADBlock Extension If you have.
Mojave backlight problem, WiFi compability and battery charge - Niresh Mojave Help Forum - Hackintosh Zone Jump to content
magicmarcus

Mojave backlight problem, WiFi compability and battery charge

Hi so my previous post i was able to overcome some of the core problems and i posted how i was able to fix it in the post but now i have some remaining and new problems. There is no backlight in the display and its very dark after booting from updated clover. Do i need to patch DDST and if so how do i do that or do i have to install a kext?. Also the battery does not charge when i am in Mojave but when i boot windows its on full battery? Its always showing as low

My WiFi is also not working my wifi brand is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377

heres my specs: (im only using 16GB of ram on mojave)

Intel Core i7 6600U @ 2.50GHz  
Skylake-U/Y 14nm Technology

20GB DDR4 RAM

1TB Crucial SSD

Intel HD Graphics 520\nVidia GeForce 920MX

Update: I was able to fix the backlight problem by following this guide on TM https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-laptop-backlight-control-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

Now the only remaining problems are battery status/charge and WiFi. I have learned that my wifi card may not be supported and i cannot find a broadcom type card that could replace my current atheros card so i ordered a realtek card and hopefully when it arrives it fits and mojave recognises it. Can someone help with the battery percentage?

ACPIBatteryManager Should Work Try it

@Niresh Hi i've installed it and i get battery icon in the finder bar but its always showing as low even though i have been charging the battery all day. 

@Niresh I've done some research and apparently in order to get battery status to work i must patch the DSDT. I'm looking for DSDT patch for my laptop the laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK is there an already working DSDT patch for it because i cannot find one? I heard Lenovo Ideapad Y700 matches my laptop but i don't know where to start any help would be appreciated. Also i found a broadcom WiFi card that is supported and i ordered it in the meantime i am using a USB wifi stick so now the only problem i have is the battery status.