magicmarcus

Mojave installation boot restart loop and other faults

Hi i just installed mojave on my laptop this is the first hackintosh distro that i have gotten to work on a laptop.  I have a few problems when i boot mojave without the installation USB i notice it goes into a restart loop everytime. I also have hardware problems my audio and wifi is not working but bluetooth is working. I tried to boot into windows to check my audio driver type but every-time i select windows in clover it states:

'An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press any key to restart'

Can you help me mount Windows to clover so i can dual boot? Can you also help me with what drivers i can use to get audio and wifi compatibility? The other problem i have is that i can't boot Mojave without the installation USB it seems.

@magicmarcus Also i don't see the partition that Mojave is installed on the deskop or finder is that part of the problem? I have updated clover to the latest version. 

Sorry for the long entry but I updated clover and I still can’t boot Windows but now I can’t boot Mojave either I checked the boot options and there’s no commands it seemed to boot with the original boot commands anyone know it included -dart or something

I’ve installed clover  and it freezes on applelogo when booting when I boot verbose mood it seems to be stuck on the row of plus signs I have clover comfigurator is that the same? @Niresh

@Niresh I installed clover but it was installed on the Macintosh HD not on the efi partition i then mounted the EFI partition and dragged the EFI folder manually to it

@Niresh I was able to edit EFI for it to boot from Windows and i also got the sound to work but i still don't have WiFi connectivity and i have tried everything i cant get updated clover to boot mojave i still have to use the USB

Ok i finally was able to fully accelerate the Intel HD Graphics and fixed the restart loop when it was at End random seed ++++++. I can now boot with Clover without USB basically the problem was a memory mapping issue i followed the instructions on https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/mapping-ram-and-dimm-slots-on-a-hackintosh-with-clover-smbios.365/ and just like magic it worked :D. Now my only problem is WiFi issue and battery percentage always showing as low any help would be appreciated

• Like 1

@erwinmexicotudueño Basically i had to manually add the RAM in SMBIOS in my config.plist file because it wasn't being mapped properly causing the error. I'm on a laptop and i have 20GB of RAM but 16gb of it was recently installed and the rest is installed on the motherboard i think. So i had to add the newly installed RAM details with clover configurator starting with the slot number, size, frequency (mhz), vendor, type (DDR4) and even part and serial number and i then edited the exact parameters with textedit.  

heres the step by step guide: https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/mapping-ram-and-dimm-slots-on-a-hackintosh-with-clover-smbios.365/