blast9999

Donations?

I made a donation of $15 but I did not see the progress bar go up from $40, why is that?

Also, I made a couple donations last year for High Sierra, but my profile says zero donations made from me which is not correct.

Is there a way to fix?

Thanks!

Martin

Now I see the progress bar went to $54!!

I have a similar problem— after I install high Sierra, i keep getting tabs for donating to this website automatically opening on my browser every 10 minutes, and it even takes over executive control from me and redirects me to the browser from whatever app I’m actually using! Now I find that annoying, but I figured it’s just a way to nudge me into donating a few bucks, and since I got everything working fairy well I thought certainly it’s ok I think you guys deserve a donation for the good work you do. So I donated $5 and thought that would remove or turn off the ad-Ware, but I left the computer on overnight and woke up with 209 tabs open on  my browser! I mean I very much appreciate this project as a shortcut to making my own but I’m a Linux guy and I’m certainly not used to *ever* having my workflow interrupted by pop-up or pop-in ads asking me for donations , let alone once every 5- 10 minutes! I mean I like this project and want to keep supporting it, but if I can’t  remove that feature, realistically I can’t use the operating system other than as a curiosity on a small partition in some kinda dual boot situation , and thus couldn’t in good conscience continue to support this project. Am I missing something? Is there some easy way to solve this that I didn’t notice? It seems no one else has this problem! Anyway, thanks for your concern.

@mmuldoor Hi actually I figured this annoying that is why I have made macOS Mojave a Vanilla Distro. Your question has been already answered here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Good work man! Speaking of Mojave... is there a way to upgrade to Mojave from within high Sierra or do I make another bootable stick?

@mmuldoor You have to make a bootable Stick, but make sure your motherboard supports UEFI & Graphics card has Metal Support.

16 hours ago, Niresh said:

@mmuldoor Hi actually I figured this annoying that is why I have made macOS Mojave a Vanilla Distro. Your question has been already answered here.

It seems to be locked down as far as permissions go. I tried with sudo and su, and the system doesn't even let me do su. Sudo works, but when i try it with those files its gives me trouble, asking if it want to override rw--r--r etc etc., and then i tried it and i still don't think the system let me. so i did a sudo yes | rm -rf /System/Library/LaunchDaemons, and it might have worked, but I'm not sure. Any advice? Do I need to SSH in from a linux system or something? Thanks!

Looking ahead to the next awesome release from the studios of Niresh, when is officially the date when donations will be accepted for the next Installer? I'm looking to donate more cash for the cause : )

@blast9999 If you would like to donate here is the link

We do not create donation goals on distro based

Catalina is Hackintoshable.

I donated $10USD. It couldn't be easier to donate using PayPal!

Looking forward to Catalina, Niresh, thanks for these awesome releases!!