neurion

problem after install

install gone well but window apears in top right saying installing things from heckintosh zone dont restart or shutdown.Few minute later says done then restarts again keeps opening links & making icons in tray pls help 

Open Terminal; run the following commands

sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/Niresh12495.Volume.iRepairCLI.plist
sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchAgents/Niresh12495.Volume.iRepairGUI.plist

Then restart, Thats all.

Please note: rm is a powerful command, check syntax before using or you may end up losing all your datas.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:59 PM, Niresh said:

Open Terminal; run the following commands

sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/Niresh12495.Volume.iRepairCLI.plist
sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchAgents/Niresh12495.Volume.iRepairGUI.plist

Then restart, Thats all.

Please note: rm is a powerful command, check syntax before using or you may end up losing all your datas.

Yeah, these directories and files have custom permissions that I can’t change even with sudo, and when I just try to su in terminal and type in my password it just says “sorry “! I’m going to try to access these files from a Linux live distro or a niresh Mavericks dvd that I have that establishes you as root by default, and see if I can delete them that way. I will post results here.

@mmuldoor Good idea. But usually, sudo works like a charm.

Yeah. Im surprised it didn’t! 

On 1/4/2019 at 11:25 AM, Niresh said:

@mmuldoor Good idea. But usually, sudo works like a charm.

I forgot to update, but my method worked and I think your method would have worked too if I followed your instructions exactly, but it didn’t because I was used to the Linux system I wanted to “cd” directly into the LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons directories and delete the files by just typing “sudo rm <filename>”.Because The system wouldn’t allow me to “cd” directly into those Directories I thought I wouldn’t be able to see or delete any of the files contain therein. Interestingly enough when I put in my Niresh Mavericks install dvd, and used the terminal from the install process, I was able to “cd” Directly into those directories by backing up all the way to root, and then “cd” into “/Volumes/<nameofDisk>/System/... etc etc...” and i was able to list all the files contained therein and also “sudo rm Niresh12495.etc..etc..”, I.e. delete all the files that needed to be deleted. 

When I rebooted back into my Niresh High Sierra Hard disk, I decided to try to look at the directories to see if the files had been deleted.  For whatever reason I just did “sudo ls /System/Library/LaunchAgents” and it worked and then I realized that Although I couldn’t get directly into the directory I could still list and remove files by typing sudo and then the full path to the directory.

So, new lesson learned!

• Like 1