siony

Can't boot mojave from hdd only with usb

hi guys, I managed to install Mac OS Mojave successfully everything works except from that I Can't boot Mojave from hard drive only with USB any solution? my hard drive is HDD not SSD
With de installation I chose UEFI boot mode same as my motherboard 
after installation I did copy de EFI folder from the USB to the EFI on de hard drive but still not booting from hard drive
please help
thank you

Are you using multibeast ? Mine works fine on my lenovo thinkcentre i3 pc. Shit my bad i used clover to set up my usb and multibeast to set up my boot order.

Thanks for your reply, I did the same but still not booting from hdd. 

• Sad 1

There is a method in the vanilla guide to make usb bootable you can use the same method to make your hard disk bootable here is the link to Vanilla Mojave Guide

Thanks Niresh I tried to do as I did the USB on hard drive but still not able to boot from hard drive.. Perhaps I'm not doing it right. Can you please write me how to do it bootable on hard drive, thanks

Anybody succeeded installing This Mojave vanilla methode while succeeding booting  Mojave from hard drive without the help of the USB? Thanks

This is my first time doing Hackintosh. I've several other machines running Mac using UniBeast and Multi beast. I wanted to try Hackintosh Vanilla. So far, no luck. I followed the Guide and MacPwn Mojave Guide. 

Hello everyone, unfortunately I have the same problem. To start Mojave I have to do it from usb, ... I await information about it. Thank you.

On 11/20/2018 at 2:19 PM, Callipso said:

Hello everyone, unfortunately I have the same problem. To start Mojave I have to do it from usb, ... I await information about it. Thank you.

IHi,

I have followed the guide too, installed Clover and everything works fine. Make sure when you install Clover that it's for the right setup. I had to change the setting for UEFI only (click on customise tab) because the default settings was for legacy (BIOS). It means it won't create the EFI partition with the necessary files needed for booting in UEFI mode. 

8 minutes ago, pepe999 said:

IHi,

I have followed the guide too, installed Clover and everything works fine. Make sure when you install Clover that it's for the right setup. I had to change the setting for UEFI only (click on customise tab) because the default settings was for legacy (BIOS). It means it won't create the EFI partition with the necessary files needed for booting in UEFI mode. 

I wanted to add that when I first installed High Sierra and Clover the EFI partition was formatted in FAT16 and not FAT32. I had to format it to FAT32 manually (dual boot with linux made it easy) and then copied the usb EFI folder content on it. I realised that something was wrong when Clover Configurator wouldn't mount the EFI partition (SSD not HDD).