herodionus

Drivers/kexts do not install

I tried to install High Sierra a couple times already, each time i configured which drivers/kexts to install. For example i am running this on a laptop with a broadcomm chip. After clearly selecting drivers for wifi and broadcomm drivers, it did not work. I know that none were installed because at the very least it does not show the laptop battery percent even after choosing to install it.

Any help is appreciated

5 hours ago, Niresh said:

@herodionus You have not provided your Complete Hardware Specs...

Please provide them detailed

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Dell Latitude e7440

CPU: i5-4300U

Ram: 8GB DDR3

Wifi: DW1530 Wireless-N WLAN Half-mini Card

Does that suffice?

@herodionus As from my research, your device has id 14e4:4359 which is unsupported

Unsupported Device_ID

0x4359 - BCM943228 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB111H  2.4/5 GHz, abgn, 2 stream, 300 Mbs + BT3

In case you want to find a supported Wireless adapter for Hackintosh Laptops you may refer to this list.

You have to install AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext and may edit DSDT in order to show battery percentage, Read the full description in GitHub .

22 minutes ago, Niresh said:

@herodionus As from my research, your device has id 14e4:4359 which is unsupported

Unsupported Device_ID

0x4359 - BCM943228 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB111H  2.4/5 GHz, abgn, 2 stream, 300 Mbs + BT3

In case you want to find a supported Wireless adapter for Hackintosh Laptops you may refer to this list.

You have to install AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext and may edit DSDT in order to show battery percentage, Read the full description in GitHub .

Ill try the kexts, thanks.

I am a bit confused, are the kexts selected at install automatically installed? Or do you still install them?