Install Yosemite 10.10.1 in a VirtualBox VM on Win7 fails - Hackintosh Yosemite - Hackintosh Zone
Bernd D.

Install Yosemite 10.10.1 in a VirtualBox VM on Win7 fails

Hi,

I'm trying to install Yosemite 10.10.1 in a VirtualBox VM on Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1.
My PC: ASUS main board; i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz; RAM 8GB; System Type: 64 Bit.
I was following the instruction on www.macwelt.de (sorry, only in German language). Summary of my work steps:

-          Download and unzip Yosemite 10.10.1 ISO.zip

-          Download Yosemite-Zone.iso with µTorrent

-          Create a new VM in Virtual Box 5.2.16

o   Name: Mac OS X Yosemite

o   Typ: Mac OS X

o   Version: I try “Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (64-bit)”  and “Mac OS X (64-bit)”

o   RAM Size: I try 2048MB and 4096MB

o   Hard disk: VDI, I try 25GB dynamical and 40GB static size

-          Change:  Uncheck “System | Main Board | EFI enabled (only special Gusts)”

-          Insert the Yosemite-Zone.iso into the DVD LW

-          Start the VM

-          Change Language to German

-          Create 1 Partition, Name: SYSLW

-          Start installation

Result: The Installation run and the progress bar counts from “remaining about 16 minutes” to “remaining about 2 minutes”. Then the HD- and the Network- Icons stop flashing. Only the USB-Icon flashes every few seconds. Any attempt to click something causes the cursor to switch to the rotating disc. No further reaction. I waited more than an hour and then give up and stop the VM.

-          Press F8 on new boot and enter –v

-          Console messages scroll over the screen. After these stops, I wanted to save the output, but I do not know how to do that. A click into the VirtualBox window shows instantly the “Choose Language” window. German chosen. Already existing drive selected. Installation log opened with the menu command.

-          After the output of line 825 the system seems to hang. This prevents saving the log output. Can only attach a  Screenshot.

I'm sorry that I do not know how to give better information. I hope someone can help anyway.

Thanks in advance
  Bernd

My problem has been resolved. I have installed High Sierra as per instructions on techsviewer.com. That worked right away.

Thanks

Bernd