joey_dag

ASUS K53SJ High Sierra Zone

Hi all,

after long time looking for Asus k53SJ  hackintosh with high sierra, I don't find anything. Then, I want to create one, but I have issues for getting system up, and I need your help. 

When I boot from H.Zone High Sierra USB, with UEFI BIOS MODE enabled, I can see Clover Menu and quickly I see the error: 

"Error loading Kernel Cache (0x9)

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting..."

When I boot in UEFI BIOS MODE disabled, I don't see Clover Menu, only a DOS type menu, and after a lot of lines of code, it ends in line "Still waiting for root device". I have read about it, and I have tried different USB ports and two pendrives (USB 2 and 3).

Note: I had vanilla install of MAC OS Sierra before, done by an old friend, and I have a backup of DSD files and kexts, but I don't know very well how to use in this installation to solve the issues. Can I put this files into the new USB with High Sierra Zone?

Second step: 

I've tried to open UEFI partition of High Sierra USB and I have copied the dsd files in the folder \EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched and the file config.plist in folder \EFI\CLOVER

Then, I've booted from the original config.plist and from the backup config.plist, and in both cases, I have the system freeze with text "MAC framework successfully initialized". 

I don't know if the copy of backup files in this USB folders it's the correct procedure. 

@joey_dag boot in UEFI BIOS MODE disabled, keep pressing number 2, which will load Chameleon, Instead of Clover, with Chameleon you can install High Sierra.

Let me know if this works @joey_dag 

That is Chameleon boot-loader,

Use USBBusFix=Yes kernel-flag with chameleon to fix still waiting for root device.

Not working @Niresh

I have tried this flag, and combinations between this and usb legacy off, or ehci acquire. The same error: still waiting for root device. Tried with USB 2. 0 pendrive in 3 different USB 2.0 ports 

Thank you very much! With your zip, I got into the installation! Now I'm out of home and no network available, when I come home, I will continue this guide. Thanks @lthnhvvn and @Niresh! 

Hi there all. I've returned for this project a few weeks ago, but I have advanced it only a little. Now I've trying to upgrade from 10.13 to 10.13.6, through App Store, but when I send the reset, it says it starts the upgrade but quickly stops, and reboot without any changes. I don't have UEFI bios and I have the disk in HFS format. Do you think that is it the problem? Any ideas? 

I hope I will get a final Hackintosh state and then I will complete this guide for Asus laptops.