OS X 10.9 not booting anymore... - Hackintosh Mavericks - Hackintosh Zone OS X 10.9 not booting anymore... Jump to content

I installed Niresh 10.9 without any serious problems. It completed the setup on the desktop successfully and everything went smoothly. Now one day later I tried to boot the machine into OS X, and It won't load. It gets stuck at the apple logo with the spinning circle. I have tried several common bottup flags to get it to work and when I ran it in verbose mode it freezes at a certain point! This is my first hackintosh!

Computer name: Dell Inspiron 2330

Ram: 4GB DDR RAM

Processor: Intel i3 (3.4GHZ)

Graphics card: Intel integrated graphics card

Please help!!

Here is a picture of where verbose mode freezes :( :

1396785285__photo_1.jpg

boot with

-v -f and post a pic.

I booted with

-v-f1396968777__photo_2.jpg

After the loading bar was full, the computer shut down. Other than that nothing else happened... :/

Are you sure its after -v -f ?

-v had to force verbose mode and not GUI mode (as in picture).

Boot with USB installer but select HDD on menu and use -v -f.

I redid it with the flag you mentioned and this time, it froze and said that the ntfs partitions could not be remounted and that the windows partition was hibernating... Really confused now :/

If it boots with -x -v -f then there is prob from Windows side (do you have dual boot?)

Start Windows and shutdown it PROPERLY.

Boot again in OSX using -v -f, if its yet refuses to boot try with -x again and see if it boots fine.

If everything goes smooth as above then post the pic of "ntfs stuck" screen.

• Like 1

I tried the options you have and it stopped again at the ntfs errors

As a last resort is there anyway I can actually remove niresh form my computer fully, and keep and access my windows partition?

And yes I have a dual boot.

Hmm I suggested you to post a pic.

And with -x can you boot fine?

If your OSX is on a different partition/drive than Windows then yes you can but ntfs error is not something tough.

In 3-4 posts we can solve your issue.

with -x (Safe mode I can't boot fine unfortunately...

I don't really need to post a pic as there is nothing that givers any clues sorry :/

Basically what happens is a loading bar comes up, and when it's finished about a quarter of the way, it disappears and it continues with the boot (Apple logo and spinning wheel). After some seconds the wheel then freezes and nothing happens. OS X is on a different partition, but I'd prefer not to remove Niresh as I'm a huge fan of it  :)

ok post a pic where you are entering the boot flags (-v -x -f).

-v essentially forces verbose mode and so no apple logo or GUI in front.

Nothing different happened when I booted using the given flags...

Here is however, an image of the boot up in verbose mode (-v)

1397224982__photo_2.jpg

Is this easy to fix???

@Marc Auf Der Heyde

Please read me well. I said post pic where do you enter boot flags.

I have a doubt regarding -x.

If -x doesnt solve the issue of booting then try all the combinations of :

-v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No (or Yes) IGPEnabler=Yes (or No)

Which generation of i'processor it is? Sandy, Ivy or Haswell? Same tell about graphics in detail.

And are you using DVD? If so then give it time around 20 mins to boot from DVD (its maximum time you should wait to boot from DVD).

@

I put in -x once by booting from the usb stick into the OS X partition and once from the niresh screen.
Both times it failed to boot up. I'm goin to try the combination flags now!

I have used all the combinations of flags... None of them worked they all froze at the same point... :(

What should I do now? Can I do anything else?? Otherwise how can I remove it if I have to :(

You omitted 3 questions :-

Which processor do you have? sandy bridge? Ivy? Haswell?

Which Graphics card do you have?

Post a pic where you enter flags.

@

Ok sorry my bad:

Processor: Intel® Core i3-2130 CPU @ 3.40GHz (I don't know whether it's sandy bridge, ivy or haswell)

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 7650A (Dell) and Intel integrated graphics HD 4000

As for the picture: 

This is only one example but I entered the other flags the exact same way:

1397305865__image.jpeg

Can you turn off Radeon from BIOS?

If you can then do it and start.

For processor tell the generation of your processor.

@

I have a third generation intel i3 processor!

How would I turn it off in the BIOS? Any tips? I looked trough the BIOS and I couldn't find any graphics related options... Only CPU configs

No Tips, if there is not settings means you cant turn off.

Re-install once again Mavericks, but this goto Configuration (See at left corner where you select HDD to install Mavericks).

In configuration Goto Graphics and check "move ATI/nvidia" but leave intel as it is.

It will work.

@

To uninstall Mavericks should I just remove the partition with it installed? Or is there a specific way to remove it?