Jumbojet

Screen goes dark after boot on Dell Precision 390

Update: I managed to successfully install OS X by plugging the USB drive at the back (I was using the front port). However, once I log into OS X, I see a gray screen with Apple's logo for a few minutes, then the screen turns black. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and got the same result. Any ideas on what I should do?

Hi all,

I have a Dell Precision 390 workstation with the following specs:

• Intel Core2Quad Q6700 2.66Ghz CPU
  • Intel 975X motherboard chipset
  • 4GBs RAM
  • nVidia Geforce GTS 250
  • Integrated Broadcom 5754 Gigabit Ethernet network controller
  • Integrated High Definition Audio (Rev 1.0 Specification) with Sigmatel STAC9200 High Definition Audio CODEC and Intel ICH7R AC97/ High Definition digital controller

Every time I try to install Niresh's OS X 10.9.0, I can successfully boot into the USB device, erase the drive using Disk Utility, and customize the installation. However, once I start the installation, it will stall after 2 mins, and then it gives me an error saying Install Failed, as can be seen here

1395354519__img_1323.jpg

I redownloaded the OS X file several times, and I also tried Niresh's OS X 10.8.5, and I got the same error every time. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? 

Thank you