Sign in to follow this  
jojobar

Getting very close but not there yet... need help

I bought toshiba C55-A5384 and first installed Niresh 10.9 distro on the entire hard drive after jumping a few hoops. Today I decided to clean the drive and create two partition to install windows and niresh 10.9.

First I installed Windows and it worked just fine, then I installed Niresh and after booting from the usb I used the time machine to restore the mac. Then when I tried to reboot the machine, windows failed to boot with a message like operating system not found.

I then went to windows repair > command prompt > used diskpart to make the windows partition active and reboot also I ran bcdboot to copy the boot sector (I believe)

Next time it just booted to windows. 

Then again I went to windows repair > command prompt and used disk part to make mavericks partition active and reboot.

Now the machine hanged, So I booted again with niresh 10.9 usb and I could boot correctly to each partition.

so I downloaded boot1h and used dd command to copy it into the /dev/disk?s? (this worked previously when I had only mac partition on my machine).

Again I tried booting from the hard drive and again it hung with a cursor blinking at the top.

So, I can boot windows directly by making the windows partition A as active partition but without the usb I cannot boot to the mac partition.

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

jojobar

Guest InfamousSynergy

If it still bugs, try installing via bootcamp instead of just a generic windows install